Spotify Advertising is building the world’s leading audio-first advertising platform and we are seeking a leader with a passion for building to help us realize this vision to oversee the Global Advertising Business Marketing team.
We’re seeking an experienced marketing leader to join our Advertising Business, based in New York or LA. This dynamic leader will oversee all functional B2B marketing areas and enable us to reach, attract and drive value from the advertising community.
The ideal candidate values a strong internal partnership with our platform product team by providing expert insight and guidance driven by the realities of the marketplace. They will lead a truly integrated B2B marketing organization across our product, sales and operations teams. This role will report directly to the Global Head of Advertising.
What You’ll Do
- Drive the leadership, vision and direction of Spotify’s B2B marketing strategy, plans and execution.
- Refine our go-to-market approach and narratives across all industry verticals and markets
- Lead and manage the marketing function, overseeing business marketing, creative, research and measurement, among others
- Guide, oversee and mentor team of marketers to achieve KPIs and drive the business
- Collaborate with internal teams, particularly Sales, Product, Insights, FP&A and HR to develop new innovative solutions that achieve business objectives
- Develop and manage relationships with top external partners, clients, agencies, and platforms
- Oversee marketing budget for the Advertising BU
- Serve as spokesperson for the business at major industry events
- Own thought leadership research and marketing POVs
Who You Are
- You have a Bachelor’s degree; MBA is preferred
- 15+ years marketing experience
- 5+ years ad platform experience
- Experience in or management of ad creative
- A thorough knowledge of marketing principles, branding and customer acquisition strategies.
- An instinct to evaluate market research and adjust marketing strategies to meet changing market and competitive conditions
- Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire a team and inspire creativity throughout the organization
- A comprehensive understanding of the changing dynamics of the ad platform landscape
- A flexible, collaborative, open minded, easy going personality and entrepreneurial spirit suited to a fast-moving environment
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills