We are looking for a growth focused Global Director of SMB (Small and Medium Business) Marketing to join our Partner Solutions (B2B2C marketing) team. The Global Director of SMB Marketing will oversee a growth, content, and digital marketing team responsible for attracting, retaining, and growing our small and medium business (SMB) customers worldwide.
Ideal candidates will have experience building and managing scaled marketing teams, making data driven acquisition marketing decisions, overseeing content marketing teams, driving product marketing adoption, managing digital operations, and working cross-functionally. This position reports to the Global Head of Partner Solutions and is based in Spotify’s NYC office.
What you’ll do
- Drive global SMB customer acquisition through growth, content, and digital marketing for the Spotify Advertising business unit
- Activate global ad product adoption for SMB customers in the Americas, EMEA, APAC, and LATAM
- Use quantitatively driven paid and owned media investments to drive an optimal LTV/CAC ratio
- Define the go-to-market strategy for large scale SMB marketing initiatives and develop content marketing that drives engagement for all customer types
- Build and coach a global SMB marketing team composed of growth marketers, content marketers, and digital engagement managers
- Collaborate with commercial leadership to remove revenue blockers and provide client-facing support for medium and small business customers
Who you are
- BA or BS degree; MBA or quantitative graduate degree a plus
- 12+ years of experience in SMB marketing or growth marketing
- 8+ years of experience in building and coaching marketing teams
- You have an aptitude for working with analytics and data, and turning those insights into compelling and actionable B2B growth marketing campaigns; you use paid media experimentation to drive impact
- You have a deep understanding performance marketing and are passionate about using digital and traditional advertising along with CRM to drive lasting SMB customer relationships
- You are a bridge builder and have experience engaging with teams cross-functionally
- You have a track record of influencing behavior at a variety of levels in the organization, including cross-functional managers and senior executives
- You have experience working globally and are empathetic to customer needs
- Excellent presentation skills and enjoy working with clients
- You have the ability to mix creativity with strategic thinking, and demonstrate strong organizational skills
- You have strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- You are comfortable serving as a spokesperson at SMB industry events and in trade media
- Passion for building teams and developing talent
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 320 million users.