The Editorial team is looking for an operations manager responsible for processes and programming in North America.
What You’ll Do
- Build processes around programming and editorial decisions
- Execute programming decisions and maintain a number of spaces across the platform
- Utilize analytics and data to inform decisions and identify content gaps
- Use cultural expertise to manage and lead new programming efforts
- Listen to music from a wide range of genres and identify new trends
- Manage programming feedback from the wider North American Editorial team
- Collaborate with a global editorial team on a variety of projects and programming initiatives
- Provide a strong, unbiased editorial voice to create a first-class user experience
Who You Are
- Experience in music programming/curation, or in an audience-focused role, is required
- Ability to manage complex technical products
- Passionate about music trends across the US and Canada
- A keen sense of what music is appropriate for any situation
- Strong project management skills
- Good communicator/team player who can easily work cross-functionally
- The ability to comprehend and productively respond to analytics
- A strong understanding of, and experience with, Spotify as a user and fan
- A friendly and warm attitude…we are a very tight-knit family!
- Keen attention to detail
- A strong propensity to take initiative and absolutely thrive on change
- Ability to travel when needed
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 299 million users.