Spotify is looking for an experienced Editor with an expertise in Latin urban music to help drive curation, editorial and related strategies for the US Latin audience.
In this role, you will ensure a top-notch programmed experience for the Latin music fan US, as well as an engaging editorial approach. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music. This role is based in New York.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Help drive the curation and editorial strategy for the US Latin audience with a team of editors.
- Program Latin urban music for the US market, optimizing current programming and playlist hypotheses and developing new ones.
- Achieve optimal performance of US Latin editorial content, by analyzing analytics and performance indicators of the work of you and your team.
- Identify and substantiate programming and playlist hypothesis.
- Travel to our main offices in the US (New York, Los Angeles, Miami) and work directly with the team on the ground.
- Work alongside Spanish and LatAm teams to help curate global Latin playlists for Spotify’s 240m worldwide users.
- Represent US Latin Editorial strategy in cross-functional bets within the Company.
WHO YOU ARE
- At least 5+ years of experience in the US Latin music industry, editorial/programming music for radio- or other media networks. You are also able to lean on a good reputation and a strong network within the Latin music industry/community.
- You have a deep knowledge of music, entertainment and culture when it concerns US Latin and its music marketplace in general, and you are also an expert when it comes to knowledge of US Latin artists, festivals, history, newcomers, influencers – basically everything to do with the diverse lifestyle and culture there.
- Perfect Spanish and English are a must for this position. Both spoken and written (editorial level).
- You have the ability to work with – and respond to – analytics.
- You care about attention to detail and organization, have a team spirit, strong work ethic, and a friendly, warm attitude.
- You have the ability to assume responsibility for large strategic initiatives, and understand how to set up, organize and run complex projects and report on/present the results.
- You have a story that demonstrates your passion for music that you can tell us about!
- You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 258 million users.