The Global Hits team is looking for an Editor to join their Los Angeles team reporting into the Head of Global Hits.
The Editor, Global Hits will be responsible for the development and promotion of culturally relevant, topical programming.
What You’ll Do
- Curate, analyze and maintain a large number of playlists in a variety of HITS spaces and pop subgenres for a variety of global audiences, moods, and moments.
- Identify and substantiate playlist hypothesesfor Global Hits (i.e., an emerging viral pop playlist, or a global developing artist playlist, or a lo-fi pop playlist.)Create and execute programming/promotional strategies for playlists based on performance indicators.
- Maintain centralized tracking systemsfor pop releases (upcoming, existing, etc.), in collaboration with the Artist & Label Partnerships and Music Analytics teams.
- Drive international programming of global hits playlists(i.e. the surfacing of playlists to users in different markets).
- Create and curate a number of emerging artist playlists for global audiences designed to showcase and help break emerging independent artists across key territories and genres. Bridge global music trends to highlight emerging artists and sounds from around the world.
- In collaboration with Artist & Label Partnership teams, act as an ambassador of the Global Hits team for Spotify to the creative communityand stay atop and ahead of musical and cultural trends.
- Work across Global Artist Development Program RADAR, ensuring that the fabric of the program remains consistent between US and key European territories across content and marketing initiatives wherever possible given budgetary/organizational differences.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field (preferred)
- Experience in music programming/curation, or at least 2 years of experience in the music industry is required.
- Knowledgeable of the music industry and music trends across the U.S. and key global music markets.
- A keen sense of what music is appropriate for crossover pop/hits spaces from a variety of different genres: pop, hip-hop, R&B, Latin, and K-Pop, among many others.
- The ability to comprehend and productively respond to analytics.A strong understanding of and experience with Spotify as a user and fan.
- Team spirit, excellent work ethic.
- Exceptional verbal communication and organizational skills.A strong propensity to take initiative.
- The ability to excel in individual work as well as with cross-functional, worldwide initiatives toward mutual objectives.
- Technical proficiency with common Mac/iOS/Google/Android software.
- Ability to travel when needed (post-Covid)
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 299 million users.