The Editor, Culture Curation, will be responsible for identifying cultural moments and content gaps to curate playlists and programming shelves that will primarily live within the new “Curated by Black” hub and, where possible, other relevant hubs around music culture.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop, create, manage editorial playlists with hypotheses around genres, subgenres, and cultural moments targeting diverse demographics within the Black audience for deeper engagement
- Collaborate with “Curated by Black” hub counterparts (Music Marketing, ALP/Dev.) to maintain a cultural calendar for all relevant North American and global initiatives that may increase engagement with the Black audience
- Inform and provide editorial assets for on/off platform promotion, playlist covers, social media posts, etc.
- Responsible for internal communication and cross functional-collaboration with core stakeholders (Editorial Design, ALP, Music Marketing, Comms etc.) to execute “Curated by Black” hub campaigns
- Work closely with ALP/Biz Dev to execute culturally appropriate sales partnerships that might include playlist takeovers, sponsored shelves, and influencer driven campaigns
- Work closely with music teams from all around the world to elevate locally relevant music and distribution of Curated by Black programming and local adaptations.
Who You Are:
- At least 5+ years of experience in the music industry, editorial/programming music for radio- or other media networks. You are also able to lean on a good reputation and a strong network within the urban music industry/community
- You have a deep knowledge of music, entertainment and culture when it concerns urban music and its music marketplace in general, and you are also an expert when it comes to knowledge of relevant artists, festivals, history, newcomers, influencers – basically everything to do with the diverse lifestyle and culture there.
- You have the ability to work with – and respond to – analytics.
- You care about attention to detail and organization, have a team spirit, strong work ethic, and a friendly, warm attitude.
- You have the ability to assume responsibility for large strategic initiatives, and understand how to set up, organize and run complex projects and report on/present the results.
- You have a story that demonstrates your passion for music that you can tell us about!
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 299 million users.