We are looking for a Director of Sales (DOS) with an established record of sales leadership and revenue generation as well as a deep interest and passion for online media, music, and innovation.
In this role, you will oversee our Ad Sales efforts for a specific geographic region (LA market). We want someone who loves our product, knows the regional market, clients, and agencies, can build creative, long-term consultative solutions, and lead, motivate and grow a sales team of Account Directors.
What you’ll do:
- In collaboration with the Region Heads of Sales and DOS peers, you will help define the sales strategy and drive execution for some of the world’s top brands and agencies.
- Provide leadership for the dynamic, diverse, and hardworking sales team
- Hire, manage & develop the expanding West Coast Sales team including salespeople & support staff
- Proactively identify and seek out client and industry relationships to optimize revenue
- Drive partnership performance, engage with key partners, and deliver excellent customer service
- Represent Spotify in the advertising community by seeking out and participating at industry events
- Manage pipeline, revenue forecasts, sales activity using Salesforce.com for maximum efficiency and visibility
- Maintain high levels of communication and transparency with management, cross-functional teams, and business partners
- Work from the LA office
Who you are:
- You have 8+ years of digital advertising/marketing sales experience, and 3+ years of management
- You are an experienced sales leader, consultative seller and have a proven track record of success in the region
- You have a deep understanding of the marketing landscape and expertise in account planning, strategic planning, and media buying within Direct & Programmatic environments
- You have experience running a team where Data/Insights drive the direction of the business
- You have strong agency and brand direct relationships
- You are highly motivated, entrepreneurial, energetic, and willing to thrive in a high growth organization
- You are able to hit and exceed quarterly revenue expectations
- You have excellent problem solving and negotiating skills