Spotify Premium is looking for a Product leader to join the Premium Mission.
The POP Tribe (Premium Products & Opportunities) is responsible for identifying user needs across global markets and building differentiated commercial Premium product offerings to meet those needs. The role will be accountable for defining the future of Premium products and services and ensuring those experiences meet our ambitious commercial goals, driving the next phase of Spotify Premium’s meteoric growth.
What you’ll do
In this role, you’ll be responsible for developing and driving the vision and strategy for the POP Tribe. You’ll lead a team of highly talented Group Product Managers, Senior Product Managers, Product Managers and Associate Product Managers and work together to shape the future of this incredible business. In short: you’re going to help us take Spotify Premium to the next level.
Some of the key aspects of your job will be:
- Developing end-to-end product vision and strategy in close collaboration with partners in our business teams and your Product counterparts in other R&D teams
- Building, developing and leading a best-in-class team, prioritizing developing a diverse and inclusive environment for them to learn and thrive
- Defining and delivering against a clear set of business metrics
- Own and drive cross-tribe and cross-mission product initiatives, reporting to senior leadership on a regular basis and accountable for performance against metrics
- As a Tribe Lead, you will be one of a small group of leaders from different disciplinary backgrounds leading a large organization in a collaborative and cooperative way
Who you are
- You know that the voice of the customer is the most important factor in the products you lead and have deep experience of successful delivery of high quality consumer experiences that are informed by both quantitative and qualitative insights
- You are highly capable of formulating bold and far-reaching product vision and strategy, then communicating it effectively to anyone in the organization — from the teams designing and building the products to the senior-most stakeholders in our Leads team.
- You understand that vision and strategy are important, but being able to dive in and connect that strategy to the details of tactics is crucial
- You have experience working across a complex and evolving product set, using the latest techniques for product discovery and hypothesis-driven product development
- You understand that great ideas come from anywhere and collaboration across disciplines and experiences is the key to building great products
- You deeply value and have experience with hiring, coaching and leading diverse and high-performing teams of product managers, including senior managers, creating an inclusive space where people can learn and do the best work of their careers
- You have strong communication skills and can navigate an ever-evolving, matrixed organisation across multiple offices/time zones where priorities are often in competition
- You are steady under pressure in a fast-paced environment, capable of quickly and clearly prioritizing both your time and that of your Product organization
- You celebrate both wins and failures, constantly seeking feedback and focusing on your own development
- You understand and value bringing joy and a sense of creativity to your day-to-day
- You’re open to travel from time-to-time and capable of leading remote teams as effectively as those you work on-site with