We are seeking a Creator Communications Lead to support Spotify’s efforts in elevating talk (podcasts, audiobooks and video) creators. In this role, you will develop and implement communications strategies centered around the growing Spotify creator community.
A successful candidate will have senior experience with creator-centric technology platforms, including working directly with creative talent. You’ll step into a hands-on, cross-functional role, developing major news moments, creative storytelling, leveraging culture & trends, and working closely with leaders across Spotify. You should have a consistent track record with storytelling around digital-native creators, from media relations and owned channels to events and influencer strategy.
This role presents an incredible opportunity to grow within a fast paced team dedicated to supporting and building creators’ careers and providing them with an innovative, creatively fulfilling platform. If you are passionate about the creator economy and the audio industry at large, come join the band.
This is a full-time position, based in New York City or Los Angeles.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and drive communications strategy for Spotify’s creator content division and community of independent creators
- Elevate Spotify’s narrative around our creator community, using major company moments such as Stream On in addition to developing targeted campaigns and news moments from ideation to execution
- Support major marketing initiatives directed toward creators, generating press moments around our many creator-focused initiatives
- Partner closely with Talk Creator Content leadership and creator relations teams to identify unique Spotify creators and amplify their work to the world
- Work directly with talent teams on announcements, speaking opportunities, events and broader storytelling
- Work closely with product and corporate communications to include creators in announcements across the business
- Support our emerging audiobooks vertical, including elevating author talent
- Provide strategic guidance from the creator perspective on cross-functional business narratives
- Collaborate with communications teams around the world to elevate global creator stories
Who you are:
- 10+ years experience in creator, consumer or content communications for a global technology platform
- Strong tech and creator economy media relationships
- Excellent partner management and leadership abilities
- Consistent track record of developing and implementing comprehensive communications strategies and plans at a global scale
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- A strong storyteller who can find narratives in unexpected places and effectively combine an individual creator’s vision with hard data to paint a picture.
- Team player who can work autonomously while thinking globally and carrying out locally
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Multilingual skills are a plus
Where you’ll be:
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? This role can be based in New York, NY, or Los Angeles, CA, and we’ll expect you to be based within commutable distance of either office.
- Working hours? We operate within the Eastern Standard time zone for collaboration.