We are looking for a passionate and organized Associate Partner Manager to work on the Content Partnerships team. This role is responsible for ensuring that podcasts created by independent creators thrive on Spotify.
What you’ll do
- Support the Partner Manager by liaising with priority and strategic podcast creator partners, building strong relationships that help them achieve their audience goals on Spotify
- Build, manage, and deliver partner best practices (and corresponding collateral) to ensure success
- Build and help deliver regular partner QBRs to discuss partner performance and opportunities for improvements
- Track and analyze partner performance (consumption and new users) on Spotify and make recommendations for strategic courses of action and improvements
- Proactively work with Spotify’s Editorial and Marketing teams to support Spotify podcast campaigns, ongoing show success, and new show launches
- Proactively work with Program Management, Product Marketing, and PR in order to share communications and/or coordinate approvals with creators for new product feature launches like enhancements to Spotify for Podcasters, User Generated Podcast Playlists, Your Daily
- Drive, etc.
- Work cross-functionally in order to plan and execute events such as partner or creator-facing meet-ups, dinners, workshops, and other industry events
- General administrative tasks including compiling outreach lists, building and updating partner-facing collateral, and completing creator research projects
Who you are
- You have a BA/BS degree with 2-4+ years of experience in talent/creator relations, account management, and/or business development at a talent agency, publicity firm, talent management company, studio, network, or tech platform.
- You are passionate about the evolution of audio and enjoy consuming podcasts and other spoken word content, preferably with a deep understanding of podcast or radio business models
- You are passionate about independent content creators, and have a deep understanding of the creator economy and ecosystem
- You believe that best-in-class customer service leads to better business results
- You are inquisitive about the ‘status-quo’ and eager to make sense of an evolving industry
- You like to use quantitative and qualitative data to drive hypotheses and corresponding results
- You are self-motivated and have strong interpersonal skills, with a desire to develop these skills further
- You thrive in a fast paced, high stakes situations and are comfortable interacting with Creators and their management teams / agents
- You enjoy crafting and delivering partner-facing collateral and communications and are happy doing so on multiple platforms (Google Slides, Keynote, email, etc.)
- You are willing to travel up to 30% of the time
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 271 million users.