As Rights Clearance Associate Director, you will be responsible for rights clearances, on a worldwide basis.
Your work will be focused on negotiating for the clearance of rights required for artist music and video content to be consumed on and off the Spotify platform.
This includes third party content (such as music videos and live performance footage) as well as Spotify original content (such as Spotify video originals and Spotify original podcasts).
Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music and podcasts.
What you’ll do:
- Personally and through your team, handling all audio and video synchronization clearances, including negotiating, drafting and finalizing all synchronization agreements and related clearance agreements with rights-holders.
- Building relationships with the key contacts internally as well as with labels, publishers, artists, managers and music libraries, worldwide.
- Working closely with, and supporting and advising our business teams — including our Music, Studios and Markets Teams, — on global licensing, production releases and other similar matters.
- Familiarity with the global PRO’s, cue sheets and the ability to advise on public performance related agreements and issues.
Who you are:
- A minimum of five years’ experience leading an in-house audio/visual rights clearance team or production counsel team with strong knowledge of common deal parameters and financial expectations.
- An effective negotiator able to handle a large pipeline of on-going deals at any given time.
- A proven ability to manage a team and collaborate effectively in a matrixed organization.
- Able to provide sound business and legal judgment.
- Confident public speaker who can provide concise and informative presentations around rights clearances for internal teams requiring guidance.
- Creative problem solver able to recommend changes to common deal terms and advocate for new processes that drive efficiencies.
- Must be self-motivated and able to independently identify work to be done without instructions.
- Team player with excellent organizational skills and ability to delegate effectively.
- Comfortable working in a company experiencing rapid growth.
- Great analytical and written/oral communication skills.
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.