Spotify is seeking a Business Affairs team member, based in the Los Angeles office, to support our live audio business (primarily) and, to the extent needed, our other content businesses.
The Associate Director’s primary focus will be to evaluate, structure, and negotiate licensing, production, partnership, host/talent and other deals for our live audio platform (and potentially other content) and work closely with our creative, partnership, marketing, advertising, finance, legal, and strategy/insights teams (among others) in such endeavors. The Associate Director will play a vital role in delivering on Spotify’s strategy for its live audio programming/platform, oversee specialist deal-making, collaborate with key external and internal stakeholders (including senior management), and help operationalize and reform deal constructs.
The ideal candidate will have substantial business affairs (and some legal affairs) experience in the entertainment and/or digital content industries, with a proven track record of negotiating talent services and content production and licensing deals.
What You’ll Do:
- You will structure and negotiate content development, production, licensing, partnership, talent, and similar types of deals with a focus on live audio content, among others.
- You will collaborate with various Spotify content and business teams on content strategy, financial analyses, product, initiatives, and other experiences designed to evolve and grow Spotify’s content offerings.
- You will work closely with internal teams including Creative, New Content Initiatives, Partnerships, Finance, Strategy and Insights, Ad Sales, Marketing, and Legal.
- You will maintain awareness of recent developments in the law, technology, and industry as they relate to our live and content businesses.
Who You Are:
- You have received your BS/BA (JD is a plus) and have 8+ years of content/digital media/entertainment industry business affairs experience, structuring and negotiating high-value talent, production, and licensing deals.
- Business/legal affairs experience with respect to live/interactive audio/video programming/platforms is a plus.
- You have experience liaising with rights holders/service providers (including creators, production companies, and other talent) and their representatives (talent agencies, lawyers, and managers).
- You are expert in legal and business issues relating to the production and distribution of audio or audiovisual content.
- You are highly self-motivated and thrive in high-growth, high-paced, and innovative business environments.
- You have excellent communication, persuasion, and interpersonal skills and work well in business environments with multiple stakeholders. You are a relationship- and team-builder.
- You are able to manage and deliver on multiple projects and priorities under deadlines and time pressures.
- You are highly adaptable and open to growth and/or shifts in your role as the business grows and changes.
- You are organized and have great attention to detail, while being able to see the forest for the trees.
- You have a business/strategy-oriented mindset.
- You are ideally proficient with the Google Suite.
Where You’ll Be:
We’ve introduced Work From Anywhere to give you more options!
Our offices are currently closed due to COVID-19. Post COVID, while we will ask you to pop into the office from time to time, we are giving you the flexibility to work from home should you choose to do so.
Working hours? We operate within the local (PST) timezone for collaboration