Spotify has transformed the way people access and enjoy music. Today, millions of people in 79 countries and territories have access to more than 40 million tracks, whenever and wherever they want. At Spotify, we’re focused on providing the right music experience for every moment.
The Music Marketing team plays a critical role in defining and driving Spotify’s promotional strategy around new and existing content, focused on the holistic music experience. As part of the Music Marketing team you will help build and shape the marketing processes, cross functional infrastructure, operations and implementing innovation and best practices across new album releases, individual artist and industry moments and Spotify’s original and programmed artist content.
This position requires experience and passion for the music and entertainment industry with a firm pulse across a wide range of genres and its cultural impact. This position will lead artist co-promotion marketing campaign orchestration; driving strategy, campaign planning, production, and delivery of integrated and interconnected brand and artist stories.
This person is a passionate student of music, artists, entertainment, culture, brands, and storytelling, and has experience leading cross functional teams, shaping global brand stories, managing end-to-end processes, budget, and workflows and execution across various channels such as TV, OOH, Mobile, Social, Display, experiential etc.
As a leader on this team, you will help build and shape marketing programs that acquire, engage, and retain priority audiences across new album releases and help to position Spotify as the lead streaming partner.
What You’ll Do:
- Shape and oversee the Artist Marketing roadmap, media partnerships and processes in close collaboration with the Artist & Label Marketing team, continually developing new strategies that facilitate meaningful artist to fan interaction through creative marketing solutions.
- Provide a strategic lens and direction on execution of programs and Spotify franchises.
- Manage day-to-day workflow and resource bandwidth; drive cross-functional alignment across internal and external teams required to achieve the team’s long- and short-term objectives and key results.
- Guide the development of performance analyses and reporting in conjunction with our Analytics and Insights team
- Implement creative partner collective to support driving innovation
- Partner with internal and external partners on the larger album releases, creative and strategic opportunities to grow the Spotify brand, grounded in artist, music, content and culture
- Collaborate with a team of experts across brand, creative, social media, comms, media, analytics and business disciplines responsible for creating and managing the reporting/measuring analytics to optimize content distribution and effectiveness
Who You Are:
- 8+ years experience as a marketer at a relevant brand, platform, agency, or publisher, ideally in roles that were music- and content-focused
- You have a thorough understanding of the music industry, and its intricacies
- You possess strong communication, writing and leadership skills, and have led complex cross functional teams
- You thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic and high energy environment and are comfortable with occasional ambiguity and a team player willing to pitch in whenever needed
- You are highly organized and pay careful attention to detail
- You are creative and constantly ideating on how to uniquely bring marketing campaigns to life
- You possess excellent communication and writing skills
- You are an ambitious and diligent worker, and are able to create success in it
- You are proficient at using Google Drive, Excel, and Keynote
- Ability to work under pressure with imminent deadlines and prioritize in real-time
- Strong knowledge of the music industry and cultural trends in the marketplace.
- You are highly proactive, and always take initiative
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 258 million users.