At Spotify, we’re focused on providing the right music for every moment. We’ve connected millions of people to their favorite songs and created a service that people use to discover and share music they love. We’re currently in 65 markets and growing fast!
We’re building a world-class partnership team and are looking for a multi-talented self-starter with ambition and an undeniable hunger for progress that will help grow Spotify’s product and commercial partnerships worldwide. You will develop, negotiate, close and manage strategic agreements that support Spotify’s mission and will positively impact our growth as an organization.
This role is based in our Miami office, with frequent international and domestic travel, and you will report to the Sr Director of Business Development. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you’ll do
- You will identify, structure, negotiate, amend, close and manage strategic deals with local market and regional partners that are relevant to Spotify’s growth and vision throughout the Americas (Canada to Argentina) with a focus on Latam
- This will be done in collaboration with our Premium, Product, Engineering and Marketing teams to develop a product portfolio designed to deliver value for partners
- You will be the ‘go to‘ person for the partners’ needs, defining and executing on the long-term partner relationship
- You will be responsible to seek and secure activation opportunities, and carry out detailed partner analysis
- Ensure that Spotify’s commitments in a partner relationship are delivered (e.g., marketing, data reporting, etc.) as well as follow-up on the partner’s dedications
- Identify new opportunities to grow partnership and unlock additional value for both Spotify and our Partners
- Manage internal approvals including interacting with senior internal executives from relevant functions (e.g., Product, Engineering, Legal, Finance)
- Drive cross-functional teams towards deal objectives
- Identify key partners and build relationships and credibility within partner organizations
- Manage a pipeline of prospective partnerships
- Represent Spotify at industry events and relay partner feedback and market intelligence to internal teams
Who you are
- You have significant experience of business development and/or strategic partnerships experience for or with technology companies
- You have successfully managed partnerships with large companies and demonstrate an ability to think strategically about complex business issues and recommend and execute strategic action plans. Experience with Telcos and payment companies a plus.
- You are comfortable working with product, design and engineering teams while also being skilled at communicating complex technical concepts to non-technical partners
- Experience working in a dynamic, ever-changing environment with a track record of results and a collaborative mindset, working with all levels of management (externally and internally) and communicating cross-functionally in a structured and clear manner to influence outcomes
- Previous experience with financial modelling and strategic analysis
- You are a great teammate who recognizes that we are scaling fast and can listen to and voice viewpoints internally
- You are an articulate professional with exceptional communication skills, problem-solving mindset and analytical skills with strong influencing abilities
- You pay attention to details and have the ability to see the end game of each business opportunity
- Product savvy with a deep understanding of technology, trends, and the ability to articulate value points with partners and internal teams
- Strong propensity to take initiative and thrive on change
- Strong facility for negotiating contracts, interpreting legal documents, and working with attorneys to complete agreements
- BA/BS degree with outstanding academic performance; MBA a plus
- Fluent in English and Spanish; Portuguese a plus
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.