Music starts at Splice. We are a platform of producers, innovators and musicians offering creative solutions for creative challenges.
With a marketplace of sounds and tools – we are practical dreamers, respectful collaborators and artist advocates, continuously improving our products and content to trail-blaze a new standard of music creation.
As Director of Global Music Partnerships for Splice, you straight line report to Maria Egan, Chief Music Officer and dotted line into Jen Mozenter, VP of A&R & Artist Partnerships. You are responsible for developing strategy for new partnerships and maintaining the connective tissue between Splice and the international music industry, with particular expertise in Black music and global contemporary culture. You are committed to drive opportunities for Splice to expand its global brand reach especially in Europe, Latin music and non-US English speaking territories, drive ROI with user growth and deepen content engagement with the global creator community. You have a clear understanding of the artistic and commercial contexts of emerging international genres and the impact of ex US culture in today’s music landscape.
You will help us strategize how Splice can contribute, speak to and engage with contemporary music creation culture and the industry around the world to drive our business development goals.
Responsibilities include working XFN with the A&R and Partnerships team, Biz Dev, Marketing & Product & Content Teams, evangelizing the Splice brand to the international and POC music community, informing our brand, biz dev, content and marketing strategy and driving initiatives on how Splice can drive growth and be a strong ally surfacing global talent. You will be an experienced project leader developing new content initiatives, reaching new consumers and empowering underrepresented cultures. You are a thought leader and highly creative executive with deep understanding of the music creation process, music rights models, global music culture and solid relationships in the contemporary producer community and international music industry.
- Work directly with the executive team to understand the needs of the company and help define a strategy and applicable KPIS for how to maximize our relationship with the global creative community
- Manage a team to execute the strategy and report progress in weekly exec meetings
- Develop and maintain relationships with industry insiders (artists, agents, managers, attorneys, etc)
- Work closely with other cross functional departments including Marketing, BD, Product, Content, etc. to ensure partnerships are successfully activated
- Responsible for communicating how the international artist community can best use Splice to grow their career, engage with their fanbase, and monetize on the platform.Represent Splice to the international artist and management community through meetings, attending events, check-ins and updates on a regular basis
- Lead outreach efforts with international artists and music influencers to develop innovative and high impact partnerships
- Initiate, negotiate, and project manage high priority partnerships
Relevant Experience & Skills
- 8+ years of music industry experience, with a demonstrated track record of working with top tier international artists in a business and creative role (management, tech, marketing or A&R)
- Deep understanding of the rights models in music, creative process, music production and sample and creator culture and music business landscape
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills, ability to influence and negotiate
- Strong global network and ability to create and maintain strong relationships with executives, artists, managers, attorneys, etc. around the world
- Strong process for managing down and communication skills for reporting up
- Experience in deal structuring and negotiating within the music industry
- Experience at a technology company or media startup a plus
- A proactive self-starter with strong problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Has hired & managed a team
- Understands the challenges and unique skills needed to hiring within the music industry
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Splice is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.