We are looking for an energetic, detail-oriented Corporate Development Lead to help drive the strategic growth of Splice in an ever evolving environment. In this role you will work directly with the VP, Corporate Development with significant exposure to the CEO, CFO while also collaborating with teams throughout the organization.
Music starts at Splice. Splice is cultivating the essential ecosystem for music creation with innovative audio products that inspire and enable artists. With sounds, skills and connected instruments – Splice is meeting the needs of a new generation of musicians and creators, alongside a diverse and trusted library of over 2 million pre-cleared samples. Splice is a global community of producers, innovators and musicians, offering creative solutions for creative challenges.
Our culture is our community; we hold ourselves and each other accountable as we work to continuously improve, navigate uncharted territory and change the industry for the better. As artist advocates we seek out diversity in who we hire, represent and how we collaborate, to ensure a more inclusive and open minded reality with access and freedom for all.
What You’ll Do:
- Help set the long term strategy for the business, using opportunity assessments and market analysis for Splice’s future footprint
- Own total addressable market analysis for Splice
- Drive business casing and investment rationale for potential acquisition opportunities
- Manage relationships with relevant business and people operating in Splice’s market
- Source ideas and companies for Splice to build relationships with
- Support product in de-risking their current roadmap through acquisitions or market research
- Oversee 3rd party research initiatives to drive ideation for the business
What we’re looking for:
- BA/BS degree required, MBA a plus
- 3+ years of experience in finance, corporate FP&A, and or VC/PE; experience with a fast growing company is a plus
- Implement processes and frameworks that leverage data to make more informed business decisions
- Ability to execute on the task with a forward thinking mindset of the future
- Advanced Excel knowledge with robust modeling skills with the ability to manipulate large volume of data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High attention to detail, highly organized, and resourceful
- High standards of accuracy with unquestionable integrity
- Ability to appreciate feedback and value honest, thoughtful critiques
- Previous M&A experience or knowledge of the music industry a big plus
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Splice is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.