SpinLab Communications is a full-service public relations firm that utilizes traditional and emerging methods of communicating ideas to build brands in the music and media space. We work with some of the most brilliant and innovative executives working in music and tech. Our roster of clients include Pandora, Interscope Geffen A&M Records, SoundExchange, HIFI, Beatport, Create Music Group, Timbaland’s Beatclub, Ingrooves Music Group, Feed Media Group and more.
About the Role
SpinLab Communications is seeking a Senior Publicist to lead campaigns and manage client relationships. We are looking for a highly creative, energetic individual who is passionate about developing and executing storylines that advance our clients’ businesses. We are looking for a motivated go-getter with a network in the entertainment communications space, someone who will thrive playing a lead role on an intimate team. This person should have between 5 to 12 years of corporate communications/PR experience – either in-house or agency side.
Core Job Tasks:
- Lead client campaigns from beginning to end including ideation, pitching, execution, and reporting.
- Understand the media landscape and consult clients on strategic PR initiatives to grow their brand and tell their story.
- Diligently manage client campaigns and relations with top executives including on-site representation at major events and press junkets.
- Maintain close ties with key journalists and programmers to secure media placement for clients.
- Collaborate with internal team to handle brand positioning campaigns.
- Work closely with leading executives and prep them for interviews and speaking engagements.
- Creative ideation on campaign ideas and storylines.
- Draft and disseminate press releases, media advisories, and client bios and communications materials.
- Manage client’s media itineraries and calendars.
Required Skills and Expertise
- Proven track record in pitching and securing placements at all levels of media
- Established network of media relationships
- Strong writing skills
- Event PR experience
- Understanding of the entertainment industry and landscape
- Passion for growing a small business and delivering great work to clients
- 5-12 years corporate communications or PR experience
- Degree in communications, PR, marketing or equivalent
- Love of music a plus
- Account management experience a plus
- Nurturing, supportive team atmosphere
- Opportunity to work closely with veteran music and corp comm PR team.
- Opportunity to lead projects from beginning to end
- Encourage to build portfolio by bringing in new clients and earn commission
- Flexible and remote workplace, with the opportunity to work in office if you’re in LA
- Opportunity to develop close ties with top executives at client companies
- Travel opportunities to represent clients at major events and press junkets
To apply please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.