What possesses ultimate power? A Song– so Sovereign Songs was built on the belief that songs are the supreme ruler, that without songwriters, we wouldn’t have songs or a music business at all. Bringing together a team of music publishing executives with proven track records, the company currently represents songs performed by highly respected artists, including Jennifer Lopez, Young Dolph, Boosie Badazz, Da Baby, XXXtentcion amongst many others.
Sovereign Songs is a unit of Noremac Media Group, Inc. a Memphis, Tennessee based media company that comprises a content creation division, publishing administration and distribution business Connect Music. Sovereign Songs is seeking a motivated & proactive Coordinator, Publishing Administration to join our Memphis based team.
Reporting to the Head of Data, Finance and Analytics, this position will be responsible for Sovereign Songs’ core publishing administration tasks, ensuring best-in-class song administration & royalty collections on behalf of our growing song catalog & roster.
- Inbound royalty statement organization, storage, collection, and processing (ingesting/entry into Curve Royalty System royalty database, song matching across MROs, suspense & error income maintenance)
- Performing general song catalog administration and maintenance tasks including:
- song entry/ IP Chain management in Curve Royalties
- song registration/CWR file generation, registration & confirmations tracking with PROs/MROs/catalog licensees
- song catalog and digital asset management
- General handling/assisting with licensing workflow tasks (mechanical/synch/catalog) – database entry, status logging, tracking & follow-up, research, transactional, etc.
- Handling of all copyright registrations & assignment recordation with Copyright Office
- Overseeing YouTube CMS maintenance & monetization
- Assist in deal modeling
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 2-3 years of music publishing or industry-equivalent experience
- Strong working knowledge of music licensing, licensing rights and royalty accounting.
- Strong command of Curve Royalty is a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks while prioritizing and meeting various deadlines; excellent organizational skills
- Resourcefulness, flexibility, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Passion for music, numbers, and attention details
Noremac Media Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Noremac Media Group, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Please e-mail your resume & cover letter to [email protected]