Soundtrack Your Brand is a lean and efficient start-up. We’re a diverse group of 70 people with a passion to change how brands and businesses use digitally distributed music on a global scale. Among our customers are some of the world’s largest and most exciting brands. We’ve served music to businesses in the Nordics for a couple of years, and are now expanding to the rest of the world.
The Business & Legal Affairs team at SYB has got two key areas of responsibility; providing expert legal advice to all areas of the business and owning and driving the licensing work. We’re now looking for a Legal Counsel/Business Affairs Director to join our team in order to expand even faster.
Sounds exciting? Have a look at what some of our customers say about us and how we work together with them: YouTube.
We are looking for an excellent lawyer to add value to our fast-moving business. Your main focus is to offer advice on legal and contractual matters. In particular, you will be part of negotiating, commercially as well as contractually, our content licenses with record labels, music publishers and collecting societies around the globe. You will be a key player in making sure we at all times offer an outstanding service in the eyes of our customers as well as business partners. In addition to typical day-to-day legal matters in a startup, you will without doubt handle a bunch of really fun and challenging IP-related questions each week and you will also work with our sales teams to close customer contracts.
You will proactively identify solutions that mitigate key risks and, perhaps even more importantly, increase likelihood that we hit our business objectives. You will deal with external partners worldwide and be a valued colleague in our Stockholm offices. You will work closely with the General Counsel and you will be a key player in the international expansion of our offering and content relationships. Above all, your work will key in driving value for our customers through music.
Personality and Experience
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a passion for music.
- Has got a solution and data driven attitude.
- Has several years previous experience from a similar in-house role or highly relevant experience from working with rights such as TV, sports, music or video.
- Holds a relevant university law degree, preferably Swedish or UK.
- Is fluent in English (written and spoken).
- Has got the ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize between them and take ownership.
- Is happy to travel for work when needed.
- Enjoys building relationships, having fun with colleagues and super serving business partners and customers.
- Has the ability to work comfortably in an intense, international startup environment.
- Enjoys technology and doing business.
- Has got the ability to communicate and present complex issues and matters to all levels of an organization.
- Can see the bigger picture.
For more information about the position please contact Göran Jansson at Falk Search, phone +46 73 374 25 30. Send your application with your CV to email@example.com no later than 15 October 2017.