Soundstripe provides unparalleled music, video, and SFX stock content for creators of all kinds. Uniquely equipped for the online age, our company is driven by a subscription model that lets content creators pay a fee for usage of the music and media in Soundstripe’s catalog, with a la carte licenses also available. This approach is inspired by Soundstripe’s mission to “Keep Creatives Creating,” ensuring creators don’t get slowed down by complex copyright issues while elevating the entire creator ecosystem. In our first five years, we’ve won awards for our premium stock content, our clever brand marketing, and our humanistic company culture. Our team is made up of humble, inspiring brand builders whose fingerprints are all over our success story.
Soundstripe is a remote-first company and the team is geographically distributed with a few opportunities for in-person connections each year. They collaborate virtually via Slack and Zoom and never miss a beat.
The Music Streaming and Distribution Admin Manager reports to our Director of Business Affairs and supports the development of a robust and measurable DSP strategy at Soundstripe. This person oversees the implementation of all Soundstripe music as it is delivered by our team of creators and is responsible for the entire DSP product creation and release process and the commissioning of artwork for each release.
- Manage the ongoing enhancements of Soundstripe’s music content management systems with an emphasis on product creation, documentation, and data integrity
- Manage the scheduling and set up of all product releases to DSPs
- Manage internal requests for artwork and routing commissioned artwork to all internal Soundstripe departments for final approval
- Communicate pending distribution activities and issues requiring resolution to responsible parties
- Review and approve label copy before assets are delivered taking meticulous care that all metadata is appropriately tagged and titles, genres, and all other requirements follow DSP guidelines
- Deliver content from our internal systems into our distribution partner’s platform
- Ensure regular streaming and music administration updates are communicated to the internal team
- Liaise with the Soundstripe team to ensure that product and metadata sent into the supply chain meets all required delivery standards
Who will love this job
An eagle eye. You have a keen eye for details others may miss
A problem-solver. You not only think about the bigger picture but can also connect the dots and dedicatedly resolve issues quickly and efficiently
A juggler. You can handle priorities and triage a backlog of different projects without letting things slip through the cracks
An innovator. You seek out opportunities to optimize and iterate on existing processes to execute the team’s vision
A self-starter. You take initiative, you are able to make sound decisions in a dynamic environment
An excellent communicator. You have a knack for tailoring your message to your audience, and have the ability to provide clear and concise feedback
You value what we value. We believe our Core Values make Soundstripe special. We prioritize them in our big decisions and in our everyday tasks. We know they are what has and will continue to drive our growth and success.
Provide all customers with genuine and whimsical care.
Confront harsh realities with optimism.
Keep it light.
Strive to always grow and learn.
Develop and practice honest communication.
Make it better.
Date the model. Marry the mission.
Be humble and retain a giving and serving heart and mind.
Quality over quantity.
Done is better than perfect.
What you bring to the table
- You have 3-5 years experience working with music distribution systems and DSPs including experience in record release planning and scheduling
- You have a proven understanding of the music business in general, as well as a history of interfacing regularly with Senior Management on tactical and strategic priorities
- You boast a seriously impressive Slack emoji and gif game, plus feel comfortable operating within Mac OS, Microsoft Office 365, Asana, Google Sheets, Preview, Dropbox, Notion, and HighFive
Soundstripe is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. Soundstripe provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Soundstripe complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.