SoundExchange develops business solutions to benefit the entire music industry. The organization collects and distributes digital performance royalties on behalf of nearly 175,000 recording artists and master rights owners accounts and administers direct agreements on behalf of rights owners and licensees. To date, SoundExchange has paid out more than $5 billion in royalties. SXWorks, a SoundExchange subsidiary, acquired the Canadian Musical Reproduction Rights Agency Ltd. (CMRRA) which represents music publishers and administers the majority of songs recorded, sold and broadcast in Canada.
- The Senior Analyst of Corporate Development provides business/ logistical/ financial expertise for the company’s corporate development initiatives.
- This role supports the evaluation and analysis of new business opportunities from a technical and corporate development perspective, offering insight into the technical proficiency and needs of target acquisition and partnership opportunities.
- This key team member serves as a liaison between the business units involved in new business projects, and the internal and external IT, Operations and Finance delivery teams.
- This role works with business leaders to define requirements, map business processes and manage corporate development project road maps.
- This role takes primary responsibility for technical product and project management of new business development potential offerings through integration, and potentially beyond.
- This position reports to the Chief Corporate Development Officer.
- SoundExchange’s HQ is in Washington DC, but the location of the role is flexible.
- Evaluates technology and business aspects of new initiatives, mergers, partnerships, or acquisition targets that the corporate development team has identified
- Works collaboratively with internal teams to estimate level of effort and cost to bring new projects to market
- Works with business unit leaders to create, define and analyze business processes to bring new services to market and update existing services
- Serves as lead liaison to evaluate corporate development projects with cross disciplinary teams including SoundExchange IT, Finance, and Operations and other business units on assigned to corporate development projects
- Develops project timelines and budgets for bringing new initiatives to production
- Performs issue and risk management as projects develop
- Reports back to management and peers on project status
- Contributes to creation of appropriate technical documentation for internal and customer facing purposes
- Monitors key performance indicators for new services and develops insights into client behaviors and potential service enhancements
- Quality Assurance – analyzes service quality and customer satisfaction
Skills / Abilities:
- Technical proficiency in core royalty administration systems strongly preferred
- Publishing services experience preferred
- Strong budgeting and financial analysis skills
- Clear communicator with excellent written and oral communications skills
- Critical thinker and problem solver
- Experience doing business process mapping preferred
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Project and/or product management experience strongly preferred
- 5 to 10 years applicable experience
- Bachelor’s degree in appropriate discipline
To apply, please send a cover letter and résumé to [email protected]