SoundExchange provides royalty solutions for sound recordings and publishing, serving as a critical backbone to today’s digital music industry.
The organization collects and distributes digital performance royalties on behalf of more than 200,000 recording artists’ and master rights owners’ accounts. Its technology solutions help turn massive amounts of data into accurate revenue for creators and include: Music Data Exchange (MDX), International Standard Recording Codes (ISRC) Search, and the Notice of Intention to Use (NOI) LOOKUP. To date, SoundExchange has paid out more than $7 billion in royalties. For more information, visit www.SoundExchange.com.
At SoundExchange, we’re looking for an energetic individual with a successful track record to join our Rights Management team.
This individual will own the relationship, the operational processes and the data exchanges performed with our 50+ International CMO (Collective Management Organizations) reciprocal partners overseas. Reporting to the Sr. Director of Rights Management, this person will have hands-on experience working with DDEX XML and TSV standards, and will work closely with a diverse set of stakeholders on achieving international operational efficiencies and maximizing the flow of royalties exchanged.
This position will preferably be based in Washington DC, but other locations will also be considered.
- Primary point of contact for our foreign reciprocal partners, directly overseeing all international operational processes and data exchanges
- Ensure the high-quality and timely delivery of playlists, repertoire submissions, performer claims, mandates, feedback files and distribution statements
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, provide assessments and help define our overall international data strategy directly overseeing various international data projects and initiatives related to formats, identifiers, tools and shared repositories
- Represent SoundExchange at various international working groups, including DDEX
- Develop, implement, execute, maintain and report the results of a diverse set of international revenue assurance analytical programs
- Communicate and collaborate with other teams on related activities and projects. Work closely with stakeholders and counterparts in IT, Finance, Legal, Rights Management, License Management, Distribution Operations, Customer Services and others as necessary
- Collaborate with the Data Mining team on defining data initiatives that can maximize the flow of international royalties exchanged
- Act as the product owner of our international data exchange systems and collaborate with IT and other stakeholders on international development initiatives providing requirements, priorities, acceptance criteria and signoff
- Execute on various Rights Management data projects as requested
- Develop, track and report metrics to measure and ensure objectives are attained
- Continuously improve methodologies, processes, standards and best practices around the processing and reporting of international royalties
Skills and Qualifications:
- BA or BS degree (or equivalent experience) with a minimum of 5 years of experience working in the music industry
- Deep understanding of the international sound recording royalty processing landscape
- Deep understanding of international identifiers and data exchange standards
- Deep understanding of XML, XSLT. DDEX knowledge is a plus
- Exposure to data modeling and ERD concepts. Able to write simple SQL queries
- Exposure to analytics and data mining methods is a plus
- Experience with agile software development methodologies, processes, and practices
- Exceptional experience working with MS Excel
- Hands on, with exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communications, presentation, and facilitation skills
- Highly organized, detail oriented, strong work ethic and team player
- Proven solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to excel in an agile, collaborative, dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Able to quickly gain proficiency with unfamiliar systems and processes
- Able to multi-task and manage multiple high priority projects
- Able to develop and maintain strong relationships with others
To apply, please send a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com