SoundExchange provides royalty solutions for sound recordings and publishing, serving as a critical backbone to today’s digital music industry.
The organization collects and distributes digital performance royalties on behalf of more than 185,000 recording artists’ and master rights owners’ accounts. Its technology solutions help turn massive amounts of data into accurate revenue for creators and include: Music Data Exchange (MDX), International Standard Recording Codes (ISRC) Search, and the Notice of Intention to Use (NOI) LOOKUP. To date, SoundExchange has paid out more than $6 billion in royalties.
The Publishing Process Analyst will be a core member of the Business Process and Product Management (BPPM) department, responsible for preparing and organizing business process mapping for SoundExchange’s publishing operations and providing product management support for key publishing projects. In this role, she/he will be responsible for identifying and enumerating publishing business requirements and objectives addressed by these projects; developing comprehensive workflow maps; compiling and communicating requirements to project working groups, working with stakeholders from other participating departments to ensure that progress is made in a timely and efficient fashion; and providing regular reports to the Director.
The Publishing Process Analyst will work closely with each of SoundExchange’s departments to identify areas of need related to publishing processes and operational projects, defining internal and external business requirements, and developing strategies and processes to achieve the Company’s goals. She/he will be an effective communicator, able to interpret and present complex processes and data in a clear and concise manner. This position reports to the Director of BPPM.
- Develop comprehensive business processes and workflows in support of publishing operations;
- Identify and document business requirements for publishing projects;
- Attend meetings with other system participants and ensure that project goals and phasing meet evolving business needs;
- Understand proposed technical implementations and their ability to address business and system functional requirements;
- Provide visibility and reporting on project progress to company stakeholders and management.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 3 to 4 years of professional experience, preferably with a background in BPM and product management.
- Music Publishing experience is a strong plus;
- Will have a keen understanding of business processes, rights management and repertoire metadata;
- BA or BS degree;
- Exceptional data analysis skills;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal;
- Highly organized, detail oriented, strong work ethic and team player;
- Able to solve problems and work through conflicts.
To apply, please send a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.