The Associate Director, Industry Engagement, Miami will be responsible for establishing, maintaining and building key artist, management, performer, and content owner relationships . In addition, they will develop outreach programs intended to raise the profile and engagement for SoundExchange. This individual will be responsible for building and maintaining the SoundExchange presence within the Miami region and throughout the USA.
The ideal candidate will have an established reputation within the music industry. He/she should have a significant number of contacts that are “direct” with the artist and/ or principal members of his/her (the artist) inner circle as well as contacts at the senior level for both major and independent labels. Contacts should also be noted in the entertainment lifestyle “brand” space –those outlets or partners that provide opportunities for exposure and further brand development.
- Establish and nurture key relationships between SoundExchange and the music, entertainment and technology community in the designated assigned geographic region, Latin music genre, as well as throughout the USA.
- Research and connect with artists and labels to encourage them to register and become members using various methods.
- Lead the development / initiation/execution of programs and SoundExchange franchises (i.e. music performance series, workshop sessions, etc.) that enhance SoundExchange’s position in the entertainment and tech space as a leading voice and advocate for the performing artist and content owner.
- Establish strategic alliances with entertainment and brand partners as well as artist based communities and organizations for the sole purpose of (a) driving positive awareness, engagement and (b) conducting matching programs.
- Secure artist talent and/or entertainment industry executives for identified SX programs/initiatives and conference participation.
- Represent SX at identified industry events, participating in panel discussions and/or key speaking engagements.
- Direct. manage and track the daily outreach efforts and resolutions as it relates to artists, performers, and content owners who are owned royalties.
- Respond to telephone and written inquiries related to SoundExchange registration, membership, payment, and general information.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bilingual: English/Spanish.
- Proven experience running entertainment relations in a regional capacity.
- Significant contact base (“A” Level) and well-established relationships in the field of recorded music entertainment including artists, management and executive level (independent and major) talent.
- Proven experience creating and executing artist events, programs and franchises.
- A passion for music entertainment and the clientele associated with the field.
- “Hands-on” experience of the artist development process within both the major label and independent label environment.
- A proven track record in establishing outreach and exposure campaigns.
- A proven ability to work independently, in pro-active fashion, to accomplish targeted goals and complete assigned tasks in a timely manner from the ground up.
- Ability to multi-task in a high pressured environment.
- Willingness to travel (domestically), as needed.
- Significant and documented presentation skills.
- Experience in the digital music space.
- Candidate should reside in the Miami area.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in a senior role at a recognized and established entertainment entity.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
To apply, please send a cover letter and résumé to [email protected].
Click here to learn more about SoundExchange.
Note: Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to disclose their COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. Employees who are not fully vaccinated will not be permitted to access SoundExchange offices until they are fully vaccinated. As a condition of employment, all SoundExchange employees will be required to be fully vaccinated by January 1, 2022. SoundExchange will provide reasonable accommodations for employees who cannot be vaccinated because of a disability or sincerely held religious belief. Accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.