What’s next in music happens on SoundCloud first. SoundCloud – the leading music entertainment company that offers the only direct-to-consumer music streaming platform and next generation artist services in the industry today – is seeking a Head of Social to develop and champion our social media channels. We are looking for an experienced social media leader director to build and spearhead a team that specializes in driving growth, entertainment and engagement across SoundCloud’s organic social channels.. You will lead cross-functional work and collaborate with strategic marketing, content, design, and communications to build experiences that deepen connections with SoundCloud. This is a full-time position reporting to the Chief Marketing and Content Officer.
In this role you will:
- Oversee creation and production of all content across SoundCloud owned platforms and channels to ensure content is on-brand in terms of visual style, voice, and narrative.
- Build, lead, encourage and guide the team to manage day to day needs of social channels as well as new concepts that elevate the brand, are culturally relevant and deliver results.
- Develop strategy to grow emerging SoundCloud social properties
- Maintain strong relationships with each platform to have early access to upcoming features and innovative use cases that we can be early adopters of
- Create, maintain, socialize and execute social media editorial calendars.
- Lead production and creation of short and long form original content that are optimized for various social platforms.
- Develop new content series for social platforms
- Partner with cross-functional teams to bring company-wide marketing campaigns to life on social channels.
- Manage the SoundCloud social community by responding to comments, direct messages, and finding interesting ways to engage and monitor fan communities to create positive sentiment and increase the number of engaged/active users.
- Ensure consistent voice and messaging for the SoundCloud brand on socials.
- 10+ years of leadership experience in social media and marketing roles. Global brand and/or music experience preferred.
- Experience leading a team and vision in the social media space that identifies new trends which fuel innovative content development.
- Be an expert in social media and culture, and have a deep experience with music
- Have deep knowledge about the social media landscape, with experience in constantly educating and informing teams about what is working across various channels
- Creatively-minded, conceptual and strategic problem solver with the ability to influence across an organization.
- Maintains relationships with key individuals and thought leaders across digital and music platforms
- Possesses proactive and results-oriented mentality, behaving with integrity and speed.
- Social Media Obsessed: Demonstrated knowledge of and professional experience with social platforms
- Ultimate collaborator who enrolls leaders from across the organization to develop campaigns that are on-brand and adhere to SoundCloud’s guidelines and policies.
- Creative, self-starter with exceptional follow-up skills
Diversity at SoundCloud:
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity and open expression are fundamental to our organization. They help us build a social platform and global community where anyone can create, discover, and share sounds. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry, and strive to develop an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute.