What’s next in music happens on SoundCloud first. As the world’s largest open audio platform, SoundCloud is powered by a connected community of creators, listeners and curators who share, discover and influence what’s new, now and next in music and audio.
You’ll be joining a progressive company that is pioneering the intersection of creativity and technology.
As the Head of Product, Platform, you will help define and build the product roadmap for the platform group’s product and engineering teams.
The platform group consists of five teams; Content, Royalties & Reporting, Payments, Media streaming & Core Clients.
The platform group at SoundCloud supports our consumer-facing creator and listener teams and the key underlying systems that drive the product and business. You will be leading a team of four product managers in the group.
The role is inherently cross-functional—you will work closely with product, engineering, operations, finance, legal, customer service, content acquisition, and executive teams to bring products to market.
A successful candidate will be analytical, resourceful, customer focused, team oriented, and will have a strong ability to manage and lead senior product managers. You will be reporting into our CPO and Founder and act as part of our leaders team.
In this role you will:
- Work with your engineering counterpart, stakeholders, CPO and your team of product managers to develop the vision and roadmap for SoundCloud’s platform group.
- Own all aspects of the SoundCloud platform including rightsholder tools, payments, royalties & reporting, media streaming and core client engineering teams.
- Build, manage and coach a team of product managers.
- Report into our CPO and Founder and act as part of our leaders team
- 8+ years in product management with 5+ years experience as a product leader
- Experience managing and leading teams to meet aggressive goals
- Technical product or project management skills. An engineering background is a plus.
- Proven success in delivering online products and services in a high growth environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions.
- You believe in creating a positive and diverse work environment and providing sufficient autonomy for your team, while working with them to set clear goals, drive prioritization of projects and impact estimation.
- A data-informed approach to prioritization.
- Role based at our HQ in Berlin
- Domain expertise in any or several of the following areas: music industry/rights management, payments or media streaming.
- A passion for music, audio and/or media.
- Experience developing consumer applications and services, preferred but not required.
- Computer science or equivalent degree
- You have proven experience in product strategy, product management processes, data analysis, prototyping, and UX research. Ideally you will have experience in a management or leadership role on a product team plus recent experience working with mobile apps.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage trade-offs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with engineering, design, and project management counterparts to deliver online products/services.
Diversity at SoundCloud:
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity and open expression are fundamental to our organization; they help us build a social platform and global community where anyone can create, discover, and share sounds. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry, and strive to develop an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute.