SoundCloud is a next-generation music entertainment company, powered by an ecosystem of artists, listeners, and curators on the pulse of what’s new, now and next in culture. Founded in 2007, SoundCloud is an artist-first platform empowering artists to build and grow their careers by providing them with the most progressive tools, services, and resources. With over 250 million tracks from 30 million creators heard in 190 countries, the future of music is SoundCloud.
Repost by SoundCloud is the music industry’s fastest growing music distribution service. As a business, we enable musicians to monetize their music on platforms such as SoundCloud, Spotify, iTunes and many more. We also provide our users with transparent revenue reporting, as well as promotion opportunities.
As a culture, we believe that the world of streaming music is changing, and while anyone has the ability to build their own audience, they should also have the ability to make a living from that audience.
We’re looking for a VP of Product who will play a pivotal role in SoundCloud as a music entertainment company. Our VP of Product will be responsible for the product management function and strategic vision for our creator product offering.
- Lead, manage and mentor a team of product managers
- Oversee the product management function for SoundCloud’s creator organization
- Define and evangelize strategic vision for SoundCloud’s creator product offerings
- Own the product roadmap and communicate with execs and stakeholders
- Implement product processes & best practices across the organization
- Drive product innovation for SoundCloud
- Bachelor’s degree or work experience in a relevant field with 7+ years of product leadership experience. Consistent track record of wins and takeaways
- Strategic thinker with ability to craft go-to-market strategies and campaigns in collaboration with marketing
- Able to formulate and implement global strategies for products
- Extremely strong product management fundamentals and best practices
- Product leader with demonstrated success in leading and mentoring a product org
- Customer-centric mindset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- We’re international! We operate in the US, Berlin and London and all of our communication is in English.
- We have a flexible, friendly, and inclusive office environment.
- Our environment is a learning one, with a specific focus on development, including a professional development allowance.
- Interested in a gym membership, photography course or book? We have a Creativity and Wellness benefit!
- Full Benefits – Variety of options to choose from, some as much as 100% coverage of health, dental, and vision
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Robust & evolving 401k Program
- Professional development allowance
- Flexible vacation and public holiday policy where you can take up to 35 days of PTO annually
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at SoundCloud
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity and open expression are fundamental to our organization. With this foundation, we aim to build a social platform and global community for everyone to create, discover, and share sounds. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry and strive to develop an inclusive culture where individual contributions are valued. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment for everyone, regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, migration background, national origin, age, disability status, or care-giver status.
At SoundCloud you can find your community or elevate your allyship by joining a Diversity Resource Group (groups focused on people of color, LGBTQIA+ folks, and women). You may also participate in inclusive workshops, contribute to our Cultural Moments series, vote on organizations for the SoundCloud Community fund’s support, and more!