What’s next in music is first on SoundCloud. As the world’s largest open audio platform, SoundCloud is powered by a connected community of creators, listeners and curators who share, discover and connect to drive what’s next in music.
You’ll be joining an innovative company that is pioneering the intersection of creativity and technology. A successful candidate will have a proven track record of building and driving a consumer subscription business, plus a solid understanding of consumer digital media and entertainment landscape. Y
ou will be charged with overseeing our consumer subscription business and consumer growth efforts. This role reports to SoundCloud’s COO and will be based in New York or Berlin.
- P&L for our global consumer, listener business
- Develop strategic go-to-market roadmap
- Lead international expansion efforts into Europe, Latin America and MEA regions
- Drive subscribers through improved activation, conversion and retention
- Work closely with Music team to ensure new content reaches broadest audience
- Communicate business vision to Product, Design and Engineering teams, and work with them directly to implement solutions
- Conduct market research to better understand our customers
- Work close with our Marketing team to promote SoundCloud and grow usage and subscribers
- Further develop tools for reporting on performance
- Report into our Chief Operating Officer and act as part of our leaders team
- 10+ years of subscription, direct marketing and direct user acquisition experience
- Streaming music experience a plus, consumer product experience required
- Strong people and stakeholder management skills
- Highly analytical with ability to communicate complex issues across teams
- Solid understanding of the monetization models both on the Web and mobile platforms
- Knowledge of the digital music and streaming audio ecosystem a plus
- Based in New York, with extensive travel
Diversity at SoundCloud:
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity and open expression are fundamental to our organization; they help us build a social platform and global community where anyone can create, discover, and share sounds. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry, and strive to develop an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute.