Repost by SoundCloud is the music industry’s fastest growing music distribution service. As a business, we enable musicians to monetize their music on platforms such as SoundCloud, Spotify, Apple Music and many more. We also provide our users with clear revenue reporting, as well as promotion opportunities.
As a culture, we believe that the world of streaming music is changing, and while anyone has the ability to build their own audience, they should also have the ability to make a living from that audience.
This role is responsible for working across the Repost Select roster, developing strategies and implementing high impact one-of-a-kind campaigns focused on artist development with an emphasis on streaming. Employee will act as a central marketing point on multiple projects from initial conception through album/release cycles, responsible for planning, direction, organization, execution and control of the marketing strategies and budgets for new artist releases and special projects. They will also be responsible for leading a Digital Marketing team that pushes the boundaries of conventional marketing and develops artists who are native to SoundCloud.
We are looking to hire a highly motivated individual with people/team management, who is organized, has great communication skills, and is able to work with cross-functional teams and collaborate closely between partners within an agile environment. Preferably, this person should have a background at a record label or in entertainment marketing.
- Lead all aspects of a team of digital marketers, ensuring team strategy is groundbreaking and effective.
- Review marketing return on investment on a regular basis – making proactive recommendations for any change in business or process.
- Regularly collaborate with artists and management on all aspects of commercial release plan and marketing strategy to ensure the success of the project.
- Collaborate closely with Account Managers and internal resources to write marketing plans and build content calendars and assets across multiple platforms to support artist development.
- Responsible for the monitoring and implementation of marketing spend for each release.
- Coordinate the creation of artist visual branding including social and digital assets.
- Proactively communicate project mission/analysis with all departments inside the company, and to artist management
- Understand and analyze the constant flow of streaming, consumption, and social data and adjust marketing strategies accordingly.
- Lead all aspects of artist’s development and recommend promotional opportunities across the SoundCloud platform and social media channels.
- Proactively recommend creative campaign ideas and optimization and standard methodologies.
- Plan, execute and optimize all advertising spends related to the project. Handle budgets and report advertising stats to all departments.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with relevant partners (i.e. social media outlets, blogs, influencers, curators, etc.) to secure promotion and coverage for projects.
- Lead vendor relationships, and onboarding.
- Build compelling social media and interactive experiences that build fan loyalty, drive traffic and support streaming.
- 5+ Experience in the music industry, digital marketing, or agency ideally in roles that were focused on consumer marketing.
- People Leadership skills, at least 1-2 years.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to lead complex projects
- Strong analytical skills matched with enthusiastic creative approach to campaign building.
- Knowledge and ability to balance music marketing savvy with attention to detail, follow up and execution on a multiple project level.
- Specialist in social communication and working with digital platforms: SoundCloud, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Tik Tok, YouTube, Spotify, Apple Music, etc.
- Strong writing and communication skills
- You thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic and high energy environment and are comfortable with occasional ambiguity and a great teammate willing to pitch in whenever needed.
- You are proficient at using Google Drive.
- You are comfortable working remotely.
- Ability to work under pressure with imminent deadlines and prioritizing tasks in real-time.
Diversity at SoundCloud:
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity and open expression are fundamental to our organization; they help us build a social platform and global community where anyone can create, discover, and share sounds. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry, and strive to develop an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute.