Title: Sr Manager, Content Operations, Creator
SoundCloud is a next-generation music entertainment company powered by an ecosystem of artists, fans, and thriving communities. As one of the world’s most influential cultural platforms, SoundCloud holds a singular market position as both a music-streaming service with the largest catalog of music, and an artist services and distribution business to help artists grow long-term, successful careers.
The Creator Content Operations team works with creators as well as our internal teams to support and scale the music distribution and SoundCloud direct monetization offerings of SoundCloud for Artists.
We’re currently seeking a Senior Manager, Content Operations to lead and mentor our cross-functional operations team in multiple time zones.
- Oversee our international team to achieve excellence in music distribution and monetization through best-in-class delivery, management, monetization, and protection of music assets.
- Ensure compliance and best practices with all distribution and delivery partners (Spotify, Apple, Youtube, Facebook, etc.).
- Manage the quality control process of content submitted by creators to ensure that they adhere to partner guidelines.
- Improve current processes and product to handle increasing scale.
- Own relationships with multiple digital service providers and third-party vendors.
- Accelerating revenue growth through DSP onboarding and catalog delivery.
- Support internal product and engineering teams as an influential stakeholder in ensuring the proper tools and features are built to support the distribution and monetization efforts of our creators.
- Maintain strong knowledge of proprietary platform technology (YouTube CMS, Facebook Rights Manager, etc.)
- Keep in touch with industry trends and advances in technology and highlight opportunities that are applicable to SoundCloud.
- Ideally 4+ years experience managing a team at a distributor, record label, multi-channel network, DSP, or major tech company.
- Deep knowledge of all operations tied to independent music distribution.
- Understanding of music rights management from both a legal and operational perspective.
- Proven reporting and organizational skills with the ability to multitask in a high paced, team-oriented environment.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills as you will be managing a global team; impeccable follow-up and follow-through capabilities.
- Strong data entry, research, G Suite and Microsoft Excel skills.
- Well-organized and attentive to detail.
- YouTube Certification is a plus.
- Great attitude, incredible passion and enthusiasm for people, technology, process, and music.
The salary range for this role is $90,000-$110,000 annually. The final salary offered will be determined based on relative experience, skills, internal equity, and location.
We also offer a generous total rewards program – read more about additional benefits and perks below!
- We are a multinational company with offices in the US (New York and Los Angeles), Germany (Berlin), and the UK (London).
- We provide a flexible work culture that offers the opportunity to collaborate and connect in person at our offices as well as accommodating work from home
- We are deeply committed to ensuring diversity, equity and inclusion at all levels of our organization and fostering a community where everyone’s voice, perspective and experience is respected and heard,
- We believe a strong team is made by investing in employees through mentorship, workshops and enrichment opportunities
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental, and vision plans, as well as mental health resources
- Robust 401k program
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Generous professional development allowance
- Interested in a gym membership, photography course or book? We have a Creativity and Wellness benefit!
- Flexible vacation and public holiday policy where you can take up to 35 days of PTO annually
- 16 paid weeks for all parents (birthing and non-birthing), regardless of gender, to welcome newborns, adopted and foster children
- Various snacks, goodies, and 2 free lunches weekly when at the office
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at SoundCloud
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity and open expression are fundamental to our organization; they help us lead what’s next in music by understanding and empowering our creators and fans, no matter their identity.
We acknowledge the challenges in the music industry, and strive to influence an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute respectfully and thrive, especially the historically marginalized communities that many of our creators, fans and SoundClouders identify with.
We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment at SoundCloud for everyone, regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, migration background, national origin, age, disability status, or care-giver status.
At SoundCloud you can find your community or elevate your allyship by joining a Diversity Resource Group. Diversity Resource Groups are employee-organized groups focused on supporting and promoting the interests of a particular underrepresented community in order to build a more inclusive culture at SoundCloud. Anyone can join, whether you share the identity or strive to be an ally.