SoundCloud is a next-generation music entertainment company powered by an ecosystem of artists, fans, and thriving communities. As one of the world’s most influential cultural platforms, SoundCloud holds a singular market position as both a music-streaming service with the largest catalogue of music, and an artist services and distribution business to help artists grow long-term, successful careers.
The Business Development function is responsible for high-impact product partnerships and integrations with the most relevant companies in our ecosystem – both established and emerging. We are a crucial function to drive scale, revenue growth and brand relevance across all of SoundCloud’s business lines, inform and enable innovation, all in the service of delivering next-gen Fan experiences and meaningfully accelerating artist careers. We act highly cross-functional, working in tandem with product, design and engineering teams across Europe and the U.S. We are excited to be growing this priority function with the ideas, enthusiasm and capabilities of new team members.
SoundCloud is looking for a Senior Manager Business Development Gaming and Metaverse, you will report into the VP of Business Development. You will spearhead our efforts identifying, developing, and executing partnerships in Gaming and Metaverse.
- Collaborate with key senior leaders, shape our areas of focus for Gaming and Metaverse partnerships, help define our partnership roadmap and play a core role in enabling innovation at SoundCloud
- Establish and grow SoundCloud’s portfolio of partnerships across the most relevant partners in Gaming and the Metaverse by building deep relationships with partners and facilitating high-impact, best-in class integrations
- Negotiate partnerships, develop them internally and ultimately launch them in tight collaboration with product managers, design, marketing, and PR
- Inform senior management on key market trends and opportunities as well as the health of the partnerships you oversee
Experience and Background:
- Min. BA Degree with a track record of academic excellence
- Min. 5+ years professional experience – preferably with a leading gaming company or an investment bank / management consulting firm with sector exposure
- A passion for Music, Metaverse, Gaming, Crypto and what’s next in culture is a must — You are in the know for all things gaming and metaverse, deeply familiar with the major players and what is up & coming and how the ecosystems operate
- Sense for opportunities – You connect the dots between market trends, our business lines and products and identify commercial opportunities naturally
- Results orientation – You enjoy moving the needle for our company; you get things done, well, moving swiftly to steer projects towards completion across multiple teams
- Analytical mind – You conduct market research, analyze data and develop robust business cases with autonomy to inform that we focus on the highest impact opportunities first
- Clear communication – You put complex things simply, support your arguments diligently and are able to present clearly to stakeholders and senior leaders
- High operational standard – You take pride in being proactive and diligent. You reliably deliver high quality work and help to further the team’s best practices
- Team player – You enjoy working with others and solve problems together; you seek to develop the best ideas, (not just your ideas)
- We are a multinational company with offices in the US (New York and Los Angeles), Germany (Berlin), and the UK (London)
- We provide a flexible work culture that offers the opportunity to collaborate and connect in person at our offices as well as accommodating work from home
- We are deeply committed to ensuring diversity, equity and inclusion at all levels of our organization and fostering a community where everyone’s voice, perspective and experience is respected and heard
- We believe a strong team is made by investing in employees through mentorship, workshops and enrichment opportunities
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental, and vision plans, as well as mental health resources
Robust 401k program
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Generous professional development allowance
- Interested in a gym membership, photography course or book? We have a Creativity and Wellness benefit!
- Flexible vacation and public holiday policy where you can take up to 35 days of PTO annually
- 16 paid weeks for all parents (birthing and non-birthing), regardless of gender, to welcome newborns, adopted and foster children
- Various snacks, goodies, and 2 free lunches weekly when at the office
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at SoundCloud
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity and open expression are fundamental to our organization. With this foundation, we aim to build a social platform and global community for everyone to create, discover, and share sounds. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry and strive to develop an inclusive culture where individual contributions are valued. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment for everyone, regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, migration background, national origin, age, disability status, or care-giver status.
At SoundCloud you can find your community or elevate your allyship by joining a Diversity Resource Group (groups focused on people of color, LGBTQIA+ folks, and women). You may also participate in inclusive workshops, contribute to our Cultural Moments series, select organizations for the SoundCloud Community Fund to support, and more!