SoundCloud is a next-generation music entertainment company, powered by an ecosystem of artists, listeners, and curators on the pulse of what’s new, now and next in culture. Founded in 2007, SoundCloud is an artist-first platform empowering artists to build and grow their careers by providing them with the most progressive tools, services, and resources. With over 250 million tracks from 30 million creators heard in 190 countries, the future of music is SoundCloud.
We’re looking for a Sr Business Development Manager, Catalog, Creator Services with responsibility to identify and acquire established talent catalog across the recorded music & publishing industry. Track and organize the business development efforts in tandem with the broader A&R team. Working directly with talent, managers, labels, agents, lawyers and producers to develop SoundCloud’s creator services relationships within the industry with a strong background in deal negotiation, catalog performance, operations, finance, accounting and business development.
The ideal candidate will be a clear, confident communicator with deep music industry knowledge and experience in complex accounting, financial modeling & controls, deal negotiations, distribution deals, DSP marketing and artist development.
You will be working within the A&R and Creator Services division, reporting directly to the Director of A&R.
- Business development & operations management with dynamic checks and balances.
- Identify artists who are strategic brand ambassadors for SoundCloud / Repost.
- Using data, trends and relationships to identify high performing catalogs & emerging artists.
- Tracking and reporting artist growth & retention across all platforms.
- Working cross-functionally with our artist relations, sales, marketing, PR, and other teams within SoundCloud to represent the voice of the creator community.
- Working closely with Marketing and Content Strategy teams to identify and develop new opportunities to surface creators in outbound consumer and brand marketing/franchises.
- Deal negotiations.
- Making smart and equitable deals for the company and our partners.
- A minimum five (5+) years music industry experience in any of the following: A&R, artist management, business development, label services, artist relations, DSP marketing, account management and finance.
- Digitally savvy, with a passion for new technology and an ability to think creatively about artist needs.
- You’re a confident and personable self-starter.
- You can easily carry conversations with industry leaders & artists.
- Superior attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously, within tight deadlines.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management.
- Exceptional written/verbal communication skills and interpersonal/team skills.
- You are able to work under pressure in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment, across various time zones.
- Excel + financial modeling experience.
- We’re international! We operate in the US, Berlin and London and all of our communication is in English.
- We have a flexible, friendly, and inclusive office environment.
- Our environment is a learning one, with specific focus on development, including a professional development allowance.
- Not located in NYC / LA? No worries, we offer extensive relocation support including allowances, one way flights, temporary accommodation and on the ground support on arrival.
- Interested in a gym membership, photography course or book? We have a Creativity and Wellness benefit!
- Full Benefits – Variety of options to choose from, some as much as 100% coverage of health, dental, and vision
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Robust & evolving 401k Program
- Professional development allowance
- Flexible vacation and public holiday policy where you can take up to 35 days of PTO annually
Diversity at SoundCloud
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity and open expression are fundamental to our organization; they help us build a social platform and global community where anyone can create, discover, and share sounds. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry, and strive to develop an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute.