What’s next in music is first on SoundCloud. The world’s first music entertainment platform powered by community seeks a Sr. Manager of Artist Education to help artists develop the entrepreneurial skills they need to grow and succeed in today’s music economy while maintaining their creative vision and independence.
Based in NYC or Los Angeles and reporting to our Global VP Product Marketing, you’ll be an external-facing resource to the creator community, building and promoting a playbook of best practices at scale. You will work with and on behalf of some of the hottest independent artists on the planet, their teams and their fans to demystify the hustle for all. By exposing lessons and case studies at all different stages of the climb, you’ll not only make it easier for artists to engage their fanbases, build their brands and make more money, but also help them focus on what they do best: creating music their listeners love.
The best candidate brings a combination of editorial chops, music industry insight and data fluency. You know how to appeal to discerning and vocal audiences, as well as stand out in a crowd. You’ll work closely with the Creative, Editorial, Music, Growth, Communications, and Artist Services teams and expand SoundCloud’s brand as the leading advocate of independent artists everywhere.
Build intelligence. Deeply understand artists, our users and the changing complexion of the creator economy:
- Develop expertise in how musicians reach an audience and engage a fanbase from first upload to biggest hit and beyond.
- Discover the problems and outline the solutions of visibility, promotion, engagement, amplification and monetization.
- Regularly speak to SoundCloud customers and internal stakeholders to become a bellwether of what the next wave of opportunities looks like for the industry.
- Study digital and product trends to find, expose and and capitalize on key behavioral patterns.
Tell that story. Reach and compel users to take action through clear, consistent narratives:
- Create a playbook of discoverable, helpful and compelling prose content that breaks down best practices for independent artists.
- Position artist stories as case studies to help the larger creator community learn how to get ahead through streaming and beyond.
- Partner on video, audio, in-person and multimedia projects to map the journey of and for SoundCloud artists.
- Strategize new formats and channels through which the most useful and relevant content can reach the audiences who need it most.
- Become a thought leader. Participate in various culture, influencer and consumer ecosystems to increase visibility of both best practices and SoundCloud’s brand.
- Measure it all. Define and apply KPIs and OKRs to ensure you’re driving awareness, adoption and long-term engagement towards a healthy ROI.
Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years of editorial, journalist or enablement experience, with at least 2 years focused on creators
- Proven, unchallengeable track record establishing a unique, accessible and powerful voice through content
- Rigor in both proposing topics and projects and managing operations and outcomes
- Serious communication and storytelling chops: past writing and media links required
- Equal enthusiasm for and capability in research, strategy, execution and measurement
- Expertise in the entertainment/media landscape, especially the music industry
- Background in DSPs, marketplaces, social networks or creator/UGC platforms
- Experience as a creator, whether professional or amateur
- Past work at a fast-paced, growth-stage company and comfort with self-direction
Diversity at SoundCloud
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity and open expression are fundamental to our organization; they help us build a social platform and global community where anyone can create, discover, and share sounds. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry, and strive to develop an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute.