What’s next in music is first on SoundCloud. As the world’s largest open audio platform, SoundCloud is powered by a connected community of creators, listeners and curators who share, discover and influence what’s new, now and next in music and audio.
SoundCloud’s Music, Artist Relations, & Label services team consists of four sub-teams that manage the relationships with the front-line executive management, marketing, and artist & repertoire (A&R) of major label music distribution companies, independent music label distribution companies, production companies, publishers, managers, and artists, including SoundCloud’s on-platform SC Premier creators. The MARLS Team manages and implements all of the day-to-day release planning, music marketing, strategy, and promotion for partners and rights-holders for the US, UK, EU, and the platform’s international expansion.
The Senior Manager, International Major Label Services for MARLS will develop and manage all major label rights-holder relationships with front-line recorded music executives, marketing, digital, and artist & repertoire initiatives for major label rights-holders in the UK, EU, and expanding International monetized territories.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, cultivate and leverage relationships with the International Major Label Music industry with particular focus on the UK, EU territories, Australia and expanding global monetized territories.
- Work with Head of MARLS and US major label services team to proactively identify, drive, and build internal implementation + planning for the major label rights-holders ex-US
- Collaborate with label partners weekly on plans for artist regional territory music content release planning
- Implement strategic and tactical marketing, promotion, and curation plans for regional music content and regional artist releases (identifying territory differences, managing local / regional priorities, liaising with curation team on local territory trends and / or priorities)
- Increasing SoundCloud’s visibility throughout the UK, EU territories, and other international focus markets
- Develop, implement, and evaluate long-term promotional strategies for label artist singles to increased platform engagement, listening time, and “life of song / project” streaming performance
- Collaborate with US Major Label Team and Artist Marketing Team on the development and implementation of global label priorities
Identify and communicate label overall business strategies for international territories
- Work cross-functionally with appropriate internal teams on a global basis to include: artist marketing, brand marketing, product, platform, communications, and data science / analytics
- Regularly present and educate label executives and partners on SoundCloud’s continuous product and platform updates and overall business evolution
- Work with label frontline executives in evaluating effectiveness of on-platform campaigns
- Develop accurate and insightful conclusions from research data, present insights and recommendations on improvements ex-US
- Create inspiring creative plans that are rooted in strategic analysis, proposition and ultimately translate insights
- Weekly and Monthly label reviews for productivity to include recommending and evaluating the release promotion, song marketing, and curation performance research (on-going insights for decision making and planning, engagement, performance processes, etc.)
- Develop and create label presentations – conceptualize, lead, analyze, and present qualitative and quantitative digital plans
- Expertise in major label content marketing and promotion operations a must
- Expertise in major label digital content commercial models, release planning, and business development (e.g- ad-supported and subscription streaming, user-generated content services)
- Results-driven, proactive and resourceful team player who excels at identifying opportunities, creatively and collaboratively developing plans to maximize those opportunities, and driving them through to completion.
- Outstanding attention to detail and analytical and critical ability.
- Exceptional relationship development and management capability.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills, and ability to influence people at all levels.
- Genuine passion for the music industry and the digital media sector.
- Ability to travel regularly
- Bachelors of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree, or equivalent business qualification
- 8+ years of major label promotion, marketing, or digital marketing experience
- 8+ years professional experience in technological product, platform and / or digital strategy a plus
- Proficient with Excel, Google Docs, Microsoft Office, and modern project management tools
The position reports to the Global Head of MARLS / SVP of Music, Artist Relations, Label Services based in New York, New York. The position is based in SoundCloud’s London office.