We’re looking for an A&R Manager with responsibility to expand the A&R efforts for the creator services team. Working directly with top tier talent, managers, agents, lawyers, labels and producers to develop SoundCloud’s creator services relationships within the industry with a strong background in A&R, product management, deal flow and business development..
The ideal candidate will be a clear, confident communicator with deep music industry knowledge and experience in, deal negotiations, distribution deals, publishing deals, DSP marketing and artist development. A demonstrated history of doing high caliber deals is a must.
You will be working within the creator services division, reporting directly to Sr. Manager of A&R.
As an A&R Manager, you are a modern tastemaker ensuring a healthy supply of quality music from great artists. In this role, you will develop the creative direction for the label considering qualitative & quantitative indicators and team feedback. You will utilize your extensive network and proven track record of building exceptional relationships to identify artists, mgmt companies, labels & producer collaboration opportunities to secure creative and beneficial deal structures. Liaising closely with the Marketing & Commercial departments during the A&R process of priority projects, you will lean on their support to scope out release strategies. Closely monitoring the success of the artist and record performance, you will adjust the artist roster strategy as necessary.
- Budget planning and strategy coordination between the A&R and marketing teams
- Acting as the air-traffic-controller between artists, managers, labels and our internal teams
- KPI planning, tracking and execution
- Prospect new artists and releases
- Build and nurture relationships with key partners and stakeholders
- Report on leads, opportunities and developments to the Head of A&R
- Set A&R target list with monthly, quarterly and annual signing goals
- Identify genre, cultural and pop culture trends to keep SoundCloud ahead of the musical curve
- Contract negotiation liaising between both parties
- Create a list of targets based off of internal departmental strategic goals, and cross-department recommendations assessing trends and data
- Work with the A&R team to manage the scouting and procurement of new talent
- Adhere to SC standard operating procedures, ensure distribution deadlines are met
- Work with the Marketing team to ensure timely dissemination of release information, goals and targets
- Join all A&R meetings
- Provide weekly, monthly and quarterly performance reports
- A minimum five (5+) years music industry experience in any of the following: artist management, business development, label services, artist relations, DSP marketing and product management
• Digitally savvy, with a passion for new technology and an ability to think creatively about artist needs.
- You’re a confident and personable self-starter.
- You can easily carry conversations with industry leaders & artists.
- Superior attention to detail and strong organizational skills. CRM experience a plus
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously, within tight deadlines.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management.
Diversity at SoundCloud:
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity and open expression are fundamental to our organization; they help us build a social platform and global community where anyone can create, discover, and share sounds. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry, and strive to develop an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute.