What’s next in music happens on SoundCloud first. As the world’s largest open audio platform, SoundCloud is powered by a connected community of creators, listeners and curators who share, discover and influence what’s new, now and next in music and audio.
We are currently seeking a Senior Communications Manager to lead our consumer-focused communications efforts. The role will be based in SoundCloud’s New York office, and will be an integral member of the SoundCloud Communications team.
In this role, you’ll support the development and execution of communications strategies that proactively tout SoundCloud’s unique platform and its vibrant community of creators and curators to consumer-focused media across culture, music, entertainment and lifestyle. This will include everything from crafting press materials such as press releases, pitches, and briefing documents, to working closely with cross-functional teams in different time zones to identify, shape and tell stories that demonstrate the creative vibrancy and cultural impact the SoundCloud community of creators and music fans are having in the world.
Working closely with the Manager, Communications (Business and Trade), you’ll determine the best speaking engagements, profiles, and Op-Eds to successfully position SoundCloud as thought leaders in the music industry.
- You are passionate about SoundCloud, and you know the platform inside and out.
- You love to pitch — you have tons of media contacts and are on a first name basis with top consumer-focused writers who cover culture, entertainment, lifestyle and music.
- You are deeply passionate and knowledgeable about the music landscape, from new artists that are emerging, to the events and moments that matter most. You live and breathe music and culture.
- You are flexible, adaptable and don’t mind moving quickly to keep up with the demands of busy, yet exciting work environment.
- You are a problem solver, resourceful and able to work independently, but also a strong collaborator and team player.
- You might have been a copywriter in your past life, and your attention to detail and writing skills are impeccable.
- Experience in a global or international role a plus.
- Big points if you have experience working with influencers too.
- 5-7 years experience in a consumer-PR focused role, ideally within a content platform, music, culture or entertainment company with demonstrated success securing media coverage across various platforms (tv, digital, print, web, radio).
Diversity at SoundCloud:
“SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity and open expression are fundamental to our organization; they help us build a social platform and global community where anyone can create, discover, and share sounds. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry, and strive to develop an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute”.