What’s next in music is first on SoundCloud. As the world’s largest open audio platform, SoundCloud is powered by a connected community of creators, listeners and curators who share, discover and influence what’s new, now and next in music and audio.
We are always working to build better experiences for the diverse and global audio creators that engage with our platform. This includes artists, musicians, DJs and podcasters.
In this role, you will work in tight partnership with our Product team and Marketing + Operations teams to ensure that our Creators understand the why, what, and when as we roll out new products and features. You will be responsible for developing go-to-market plans, and building out strategies around the best way to educate our creators about the best way to get value out of our products depending on their customer segment and needs.
- Defining product value propositions and positioning in the context of product strategy and market landscape – developing the understanding of ‘why’ we are building products and features
- Competitor analysis, market research, and other research initiatives to inform market positioning
- Owning the go-to-market responsibilities for all initiatives in your vertical
- Building strong and sustainable cross functional relationships across the Business, Product, Marketing, Content and Finance teams as well as potentially managing external partners
- Inspiring and developing our overall customer strategy, compiling regular reports and presentations, driving go to market alignment, and knowing our customer segments inside and out
- Being able to independently run, ad-hoc projects to understand business implications of proposed product and marketing decisions
Who you are
- Passionate about the future of music
- Degree in Business, Marketing, or related field
- 5+ years in Marketing, Business Strategy, or Consulting, ideally with Music experience
- Strong communication/presentation skills with a track record of presenting to executives/senior management and peers
- Excellent business judgment; ability to handle complex situations with clarity and confidence and thorough analysis
- Excellent ability to build relationships and networks with multiple functions, regions, and at all levels of the organization (stakeholder management)
- Adaptability and ability to get things done despite an often-changing market and competitive situation
- Strong sense of urgency and attention to detail
Diversity at SoundCloud
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity and open expression are fundamental to our organization; they help us build a social platform and global community where anyone can create, discover, and share sounds. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry, and strive to develop an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute.