What’s next in music happens on SoundCloud first. As the world’s largest open audio platform, SoundCloud is powered by a connected community of creators, listeners and curators who share, discover and influence what’s new, now and next in music and audio.
We’re looking for a Product Manager, Media Streaming to join our team in Berlin.
Working with a world-class engineering team, you’ll be responsible for streaming, storage and transcoding of our media.
You will be driving improvements in playback performance and resiliency across all the platforms where SoundCloud is available, including mobile, web, connected homes and cars.
- Communicate product vision and strategy for your product internally and externally.
- Use data-driven approaches to guide your decisions and continuously iterate on playback and delivery.
- Prioritize new features, improvements and bugs based on customer impact and business goals.
- Define, monitor and analyze streaming performance and other success metrics.
- Determine best areas of improvement, taking into considering implementation time, return on investment and trade offs.
- Engage with browser vendors and partners
- Coordinate with other product managers and teams.
Required skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher education in a relevant field (computer science, information management, physics, maths…)
- 5+ years of product management and/or engineering experience, experience with agile methodology and ideally distributed teams. Proven record of delivering successful products & services.
- You’re familiar with audio codecs and their impact on quality, security, and streaming performance.
- You’re familiar with hosted cloud services (AWS, GCP, etc) and network technologies (Content Delivery Networks, Protocols, etc)
- You inspire and dazzle your colleagues with your depth of knowledge and ability to impart it.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions.
- Extremely thorough, detail-oriented and organized with ability to manage multiple parallel projects.
Diversity at SoundCloud
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity and open expression are fundamental to our organization; they help us build a social platform and global community where anyone can create, discover, and share sounds. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry, and strive to develop an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute.