What’s next in music is first on SoundCloud. As the world’s largest open audio platform, SoundCloud is powered by a connected community of creators, listeners and curators who share, discover and influence what’s new, now and next in music and audio.
We are currently looking for an experienced professional to join our Content Partnerships team. Based in New York, Berlin or London, this role will be responsible for supporting the development of successful business partnerships with music industry rights holders.
In this role, you will partner closely with the Head of Publisher Relations to define and execute the roadmap for Soundcloud’s licensing negotiations and operational commitments with music publishing content partners. Additionally, you will support the integration of the licensing strategy within SoundCloud consulting with stakeholders throughout the company to ensure roadmaps are aligned.
The ideal candidate will be a confident communicator with strong music industry knowledge, relationships and a great understanding of the music publishing licensing landscape.
This is a highly cross functional role with exposure to stakeholders across all of our SoundCloud offices in New York, Berlin, LA, and London. The successful candidate will have a keen analytical mind, strong music industry knowledge, be commercially driven, excellent at communication and project management, a self-starter and enjoys working in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Support the development of our content licensing strategy, compile regular reports, drive go to market alignment and provide modeling support
- Build frameworks and tools to optimize product, sector and partner specific deal initiatives as well as support new areas of exploration
- You will actively monitor the competitive landscape and help identify opportunities. You will be responsible for competitive and strategic analysis of existing and potential content partner initiatives.
- Build sustainable cross functional relationships across the business, especially music, business, product, marketing and finance.
- Independently run, ad-hoc projects to analyze and understand business implications of proposed decisions
- Develop weekly/monthly reporting and dashboards to be shared with the content team and other business partners
- Develop and operate content deal management systems providing summaries of business and financial terms for internal partners
- Excellent business judgment; ability to handle complex situations with clarity and confidence and thorough analysis (you do the work!)
- Excellent ability to build relationships and networks with multiple functions, regions, and at all levels of the organization
- You have the ability to conduct research, analyze data, develop robust business cases with relative autonomy and high attention to detail
- Ability to define a business problem, gathering the required information, analyzing the results and communicating a compelling argument
- Strong communication/presentation skills with a track record of presenting complex initiatives to senior management
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills and good understanding of digital music licensing landscape
- Strong resiliency and ambition to get things done despite an often-changing market and competitive situation
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with both technical and business audiences
- Strong sense of urgency and attention to detail to continually improve the user’s experience
- Proactive, confident, and personable self-starter
- Passionate about the future of music
- BA/BS or other relevant degree required
- 3+ years of experience in a related role
Diversity at SoundCloud
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity and open expression are fundamental to our organization; they help us build a social platform and global community where anyone can create, discover, and share sounds. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry, and strive to develop an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute.