What’s next in music happens on SoundCloud first. As the world’s largest open audio platform, SoundCloud is powered by a connected community of creators, listeners and curators who share, discover and influence what’s new, now and next in music and audio.
We’re looking for an experienced Designer to join our marketing team and play a crucial role in providing support for our brand marketing. The role is based in New York City.
The Designer will work directly with our VP of Marketing to manage the details and processes that are required to bring a creative idea to life.
This individual will work from pre-established templates and branding as well as update, manage, and create new processes and ideas from scratch.
- Collaborate with VP of Marketing to refine and implement brand identity across owned channels.
- Formulate style guides and work with marketing team to establish and maintain a consistent design vocabulary.
- Conceive and execute a range of design assets including (but not limited to): webpages, product integrations, advertorials, invitations, and event collateral in both print and digital.
- Create original content, while maintaining top quality and staying true to the ideals of both in house guidelines.
- Design, update and manage decks for other SoundCloud teams.
- Generate, update and innovate on performance marketing assets.
- Assist in the establishment and maintenance of department archival system.
- Help manage freelance designers and maintain a productive and collaborative studio environment.
- Strong work ethic and a passion for design, the music industry, and start-ups.
- Portfolio that reflects print, web and mobile design samples.
- Exceptional design skills including layout, typography, photo retouching, illustration, and image optimization cross platform.
- 4+ years as a graphic designer, production designer or similar role.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite. Knowledge of Sketch, InVision, Framer, Final Cut Pro or equivalents a plus.
- Basic understanding of HTML and CSS.
- Technical understanding of the web development process.
- Experience creating and/or managing media in a digital-focused environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and efficiently in a deadline driven environment.
- Detail-oriented, with strong organizational and communication skills.
Diversity at SoundCloud:
“SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity and open expression are fundamental to our organization they help us build a social platform and global community where anyone can create, discover, and share sounds. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry, and strive to develop an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute.”