SoundCloud is a next-generation music entertainment company powered by an ecosystem of artists, fans, and thriving communities. As one of the world’s most influential cultural platforms, SoundCloud holds a singular market position as both a music-streaming service with the largest catalogue of music, and an artist services and distribution business to help artists grow long-term, successful careers.
SoundCloud is looking for an experienced, market-savvy leader to help shape the future of SoundCloud’s Creator subscription strategy. In this role, you will be responsible for the monetization of premium artist, label, collective, podcast, and all other creator experiences across the SoundCloud platform. You will identify and execute opportunities that drive core artist subscription metrics by understanding and advocating for what artists need from the platform and ensuring we are delivering on our promises to artists. You will leverage expertise and data to influence creation, prioritization, and execution of initiatives. This is a collaborative role that requires working with stakeholders across Product, Marketing, Sales, Content, Engineering and Finance across the New York, Los Angeles, and Berlin SoundCloud offices. This role reports to SondCloud’s Head of Creator and will be a senior member of the team.
- Own the business strategy, lead P&L and expansion of SoundCloud’s creator subscription business
- Put artists first as you advocate for feature development and quality experiences that emphasize continuous testing, experimentation and learning
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams on the vision and execution of SoundCloud’s unique value proposition to increase value across both free and subscription segments
- Synthesize market research, usability studies, behavioral data, and product data/insights into prioritized solutions that enhance creator conversion and reduce churn
- Analyze and propose global expansion areas of focus to drive SoundCloud’s overall revenue growth
- Own business case creation and evaluation for future expansion efforts, analyzing the impact of key initiatives, monitoring the overall health of the business, and developing reporting standards
- Lead a cross-functional team through the ideation, development and launch of innovative and useful subscription management features that help drive conversion, engagement, and retention
- Stay on top of cutting edge companies within music and broader creator economy to contribute to SoundCloud’s partnership strategy
Experience and Background:
- Passionate about making a difference in the lives of artists and helping musicians make a living through their audience online
- Strong subscription analytics skills (conversion, cohorts, retention, MRR, etc) and basic financial analysis skills
- Understand the complexity of the music business and how that influences what artists ultimately want access to.
- An understanding of the music distribution landscape
- Excellent business judgment; ability to manage and make timely decisions in complex situations for the greater good of SoundCloud with clarity and confidence
- Compelling story-telling capabilities at both strategic and tactical levels to advocate for business growth opportunities based on quantitative and qualitative research
- Market driven: understand artist needs at the global and regional level and insatiable curiosity to learn more
- Ability to build relationships and networks with multiple functions, and at all levels of the organization
- Strong work ethic, accountability, execution, 360 communication for stakeholders
- Experience with a subscription and/or SaaS business required
- Prefer an understanding of the music distribution landscape
- Adaptable and able to move at a fast pace in a quickly changing environment
Sounds like you? Then we would love to hear from you! Please include your CV and a one-page cover letter.
- We are a multinational company with offices in the US (New York and Los Angeles), Germany (Berlin), and the UK (London)
- We provide a flexible work culture that offers the opportunity to collaborate and connect in person at our offices as well as accommodating work from home
- We are deeply committed to ensuring diversity, equity and inclusion at all levels of our organization and fostering a community where everyone’s voice, perspective and experience is respected and heard
- We believe a strong team is made by investing in employees through mentorship, workshops and enrichment opportunities
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental, and vision plans, as well as mental health resources
- Robust 401k program
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Generous professional development allowance
- Interested in a gym membership, photography course or book? We have a Creativity and Wellness benefit!
- Flexible vacation and public holiday policy where you can take up to 35 days of PTO annually
- 16 paid weeks for all parents (birthing and non-birthing), regardless of gender, to welcome newborns, adopted and foster children
- Various snacks, goodies, and 2 free lunches weekly when at the office
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at SoundCloud
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity and open expression are fundamental to our organization. With this foundation, we aim to build a social platform and global community for everyone to create, discover, and share sounds. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry and strive to develop an inclusive culture where individual contributions are valued. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment for everyone, regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, migration background, national origin, age, disability status, or care-giver status.
At SoundCloud you can find your community or elevate your allyship by joining a Diversity Resource Group (groups focused on people of color, LGBTQIA+ folks, and women). You may also participate in inclusive workshops, contribute to our Cultural Moments series, select organizations for the SoundCloud Community Fund to support, and more!