What’s next in music happens on SoundCloud first. As the world’s largest open audio platform, SoundCloud is powered by a connected community of creators, listeners and curators who share, discover and influence what’s new, now and next in music and audio.
Head of Editorial / Curation is responsible for managing and executing SoundCloud’s global editorial and curation strategy. The role will work closely with product and engineering to determine best-in-class systems for discovery, while simultaneously managing a team whose fingers are on the pulse of what’s next in music and audio.
The ideal candidate will understand the music streaming landscape, have strong relationships throughout the industry, and have experience and a passion for creating impactful connections between listeners and creators, through music discovery.
This role will manage a global team and could be based in NY, LA or Berlin, Germany. It will require some travel.
- Developing and Managing SoundCloud’s global editorial strategy with a focus on Hip Hop and EDM
- Representing editorial and curation’s viewpoints and goals within the company
- Developing key performance indicators and the company’s understanding of analytics that drive engagement and growth in regards to editorial and curation
- Defining SoundCloud’s curatorial voice across genres and geographies
- Working closely with product, marketing and artist & label services to achieve content objectives and with product and engineering to create best-in-class systems and tools to enable team to identify and curate great content
- Developing of additional opportunities for SoundCloud to make a positive impact to the listener and creator communities
- Building and managing a global team focused on curating great experiences for listeners and creators
- 10+ years relevant experience within the music industry, programming music for streaming, TV, radio, or other media networks, where connecting listeners and creators through music is a integral part of your role and is your personal passion
- You have a deep knowledge of historical and contemporary music culture
- Possess considerable knowledge of current music, digital, and industry trends and are a SoundCloud super user
- Solid network in the music industry and a reputation as a tastemaker
- Digitally savvy, with a passion for new technology and an ability to think creatively about how technology can support creator and listener communities
- Confident and personable self-starter
- Superior attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously, within tight deadlines and effectively communicate with all levels of management
- Experience building and managing a team
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work under pressure in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment, across various time zones.
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity and open expression are fundamental to our organization; they help us build a social platform and global community where anyone can create, discover, and share sounds. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry, and strive to develop an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute.