What’s next in music happens on SoundCloud first. As the world’s largest open audio platform, SoundCloud is powered by a connected community of creators, listeners and curators who share, discover and influence what’s new, now and next in music and audio.
Repost, a recently acquired SoundCloud company, is one of the industry’s fastest growing distributors of music. As a business, we enable musicians to monetize their music on platforms such as SoundCloud, Spotify, Apple Music and many more. Recently we launched Repost Select, which leverage’s SoundCloud’s data to identify up and coming artists to then partner with more deeply in their careers. We are looking for someone to lead our dynamic and growing artist marketing team to help artists reach new audiences while empowering them to make a living through their music independently.
An entrepreneur at heart, we are looking for someone who will be excited to join a tech forward company in music who has a calling for seeing indie artists get to the next level in their career. We also value educators and founders who can keep up with a fast paced startup type environment. We move fast and break things.
- Manage and grow an existing team of music marketers
- Identify departmental growth opportunities and needed capabilities
- Contribute to the vision of how artist marketing works on SoundCloud vs. off SoundCloud
- Conceive and implement industry leading marketing campaigns and strategies for high impact artists
- Manage our artist marketing budget
- Set and achieve KPIs for streaming, play listing, and revenue goals
- Sort, manage, and bring in new outside marketing vendors
- Work closely with internal talent, brand marketing, PR, content operations, and product/engineering teams to leverage all that we have to get artists to the next step in their career
- Analyse performance of marketing initiatives
- Create compelling artist case studies for SoundCloud to share with the world
- Track record of leading, developing and executing successful marketing campaigns across ideally hip-hop, and dance genres.
- A solid understanding of the modern artist and audience development process
- Experience with influencer and meme culture marketing tactics
- Knowledge of current music marketing campaigns, including digital innovations and digital marketing and promotion opportunities
- Experience working with artists and managers
- Team management / leadership experience is a must
- Ability to work across multiple projects of different sizes and development
- Strong organisational and project management skills
Diversity at SoundCloud
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity and open expression are fundamental to our organization; they help us build a social platform and global community where anyone can create, discover, and share sounds. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry, and strive to develop an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute.