SoundCloud is a next-generation music entertainment company powered by an ecosystem of artists, fans, and thriving communities. As one of the world’s most influential cultural platforms, SoundCloud holds a singular market position as both a music-streaming service with the largest catalogue of music, and an artist services and distribution business to help artists grow long-term, successful careers.
Founded in 2007, SoundCloud is an artist-first platform empowering artists to build and grow their careers by providing them with the most progressive tools, services, and resources. With over 250 million tracks from 30 million creators heard in 190 countries, the future of music is SoundCloud
SoundCloud is looking for a creative, passionate, and high performing Head of Artist & Label Relations (Ex-NA) to lead SoundCloud’s global artist and label partnerships function.
This leader will have strong existing relationships in the music industry and a passion for identifying creative opportunities to further engage and collaborate with artists, while building connections with their fans. Head of Artist & Label Relations (Ex-NA) will manage all industry relationships including front-line label executives, managers, and agents outside of North America and will report directly to the VP of Artist & Label Partnerships based in Los Angeles.
- Develop, cultivate, and leverage relationships with Music industry partners (major and independent labels, artists, managers, industry organizations, etc.) across the UK, EU, AU and expanding global monetized territories
- Proactively identify, drive, and build internal implementation + planning for the all label rights-holders ex-NA
- Implement strategic and tactical marketing, promotion and curation plans for regional music content and regional artist releases (identifying territory differences, managing local/regional priorities, liaising with curation team on local territory trends and/or priorities)
- Collaborate with North America Label and Artist Team on the development and implementation of global priorities
- Identify and communicate overall label business strategies for international territories
- Work cross-functionally with appropriate internal teams on a global basis to include: artist marketing, brand marketing, product, communications, and data analytics
- Regularly present and educate label executives and management partners on SoundCloud’s continuous product and platform developments and business evolution
- Craft accurate and insightful artist stories and present insights and recommendations to key internal and external stakeholders
- Manage Ex-NA artist and label partnership team based in London, Berlin, and Sydney
Experience and Background:
- 15+ years of music label promotion, marketing, or digital marketing experience
- 8+ years professional experience in technological product, platform and/or digital strategy, a plus
- An understanding of the music business from both the artist and label perspective, with the ability to create and build relationships across the global music community
- Existing artist management, label, and overall music industry relationships
- Expertise in label digital content commercial models, release planning, and business development (e.g- ad-supported and subscription streaming, user-generated content services)
- Results-driven, proactive and resourceful team player who excels at identifying opportunities, creatively and collaboratively developing plans to maximize those opportunities, and driving them through to completion
- Outstanding attention to detail and analytical and critical ability
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills, and ability to influence people at all levels
- Genuine passion for the music industry and the digital media sector
- Proficient with Excel, Google Docs, Microsoft Office, and modern project management tools
- We are a multinational company with offices in the US (New York and Los Angeles), Germany (Berlin), and the UK (London)
- We provide a flexible work culture that offers the opportunity to collaborate and connect in person at our offices as well as accommodating work from home
- We are deeply committed to ensuring diversity, equity and inclusion at all levels of our organization and fostering a community where everyone’s voice, perspective and experience is respected and heard.
- We believe a strong team is made by investing in employees through mentorship, workshops and enrichment opportunities
- Interested in a gym membership, photography course or book? We have a Creativity and Wellness benefit!
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Generous professional development allowance
- Flexible vacation and public holiday policy where you can take up to 35 days of PTO annually
- 16 paid weeks for all parents (birthing and non-birthing), regardless of gender, to welcome newborns, adopted and foster children
- We offer free German courses at beginning, intermediate and advanced
- Various snacks, goodies, and 2 free lunches weekly when at the office
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at SoundCloud
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity and open expression are fundamental to our organization. With this foundation, we aim to build a social platform and global community for everyone to create, discover, and share sounds. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry and strive to develop an inclusive culture where individual contributions are valued. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment for everyone, regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, migration background, national origin, age, disability status, or care-giver status.
At SoundCloud you can find your community or elevate your allyship by joining a Diversity Resource Group (groups focused on people of color, LGBTQIA+ folks, and women). You may also participate in inclusive workshops, contribute to our Cultural Moments series, select organizations for the SoundCloud Community Fund to support, and more!