What’s next in music happens on SoundCloud first. As the world’s largest open audio platform, SoundCloud is powered by a connected community of creators, listeners and curators who share, discover and influence what’s new, now and next in music.
The SoundCloud brand marketing team is currently seeking an Editorial Director to oversee the strategy, creation and execution of marketing programs for our creators. This role will help shape and drive the promotional opportunities SoundCloud offers to artists, working closely with our Creator Services and Music, Artist Relations and Label Services teams. This includes managing multiple aspects of the development and activation of campaigns, coordinating execution across all channels.
This role reports to the Vice President of Brand Marketing and will be based in SoundCloud’s Los Angeles office.
The successful candidate will:
- Drive the architecture of marketing programs for creators on and off the SoundCloud platform
- Oversee community engagement and activation strategy with creators across SoundCloud’s owned and operated channels
Who you are:
- 10+ years experience as a marketer at a brand, agency or publisher focused on music or entertainment
- Deep knowledge of the music industry and its nuances
- Experience designing and measuring the impact of marketing programs
- Enthusiasm and genuine interest in global hip hop and DJ culture
- A self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity
- Proven experience developing and owning cross-functional team collaboration and new processes
- Demonstrated excellence in communication skills
Diversity at SoundCloud
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity and open expression are fundamental to our organization; they help us build a social platform and global community where anyone can create, discover, and share sounds. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry, and strive to develop an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute.