What’s next in music happens on SoundCloud first. As the world’s largest open audio platform, SoundCloud is powered by a connected community of creators, listeners and curators who share, discover and influence what’s new, now and next in music and audio.
Repost is one of the industry’s fastest growing distributors of music. As a business, we enable musicians to monetize their music on platforms such as SoundCloud, Spotify, iTunes and many more. Recently we launched Repost by SoundCloud, our at-scale SaaS distribution offering and are looking to bring on someone to help lead the charge on developing and growing the business vertical.
As a culture, we believe that the world of streaming music is changing, and while anyone has the ability to build their own audience, they should also have the ability to make a living from that audience. You will help form, validate, and incubate key strategic initiatives and execute on your vision cross-functionally. Above all, your work will impact the careers of many artists and musicians worldwide.
- Regularly analyze results, produce and communicate insights both internally and with partners, and make proper course corrections to drive KPIs
- Collaborate with product teams to optimize user experience including sign-up, onboarding, and upgrade flows
- Define the customer acquisition strategy
- Accelerate packaging and pricing decisions as needed
- Work with sales, product marketing, and business development to identify growth opportunities
- Independently run, ad-hoc projects to analyze and understand business implications of proposed decisions
- Be accountable for business case creation and oversee all go to market initiatives
- Build sustainable cross functional relationships across the business, especially product, marketing, content and finance
Who you are
- Have a demonstrated track record running a fast growing SaaS business
- Passionate about the future of music
- Degree in Business, Finance, or related field, ideally an MBA
- A passion and love for startups, and a “get it done” attitude
- 7+ years in Business Strategy, Tech, or Consulting, ideally with Music experience
- Having Pricing experience and/or subscription experience is a plus.
- Strong communication/presentation skills with a track record of presenting complex analysis to executives/senior management and peers
- Excellent business judgment; ability to handle complex situations with clarity and confidence and thorough analysis (you do the work!)
- Excellent ability to build relationships and networks with multiple functions, regions, and at all levels of the organization
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills (financial modeling)
- Strong resiliency and ambition to get things done despite an often-changing market and competitive situation
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with both technical and business audiences
- Strong sense of urgency and attention to detail to continually improve the user’s experience
- Experience working with engineers and PMs.