SoundCloud is a next-generation music entertainment company powered by an ecosystem of artists, fans, and thriving communities. As one of the world’s most influential cultural platforms, SoundCloud holds a singular market position as both a music-streaming service with the largest catalogue of music, and an artist services and distribution business to help artists grow long-term, successful careers.
Repost by SoundCloud is the music industry’s fastest growing music distribution service. As a business, we enable musicians to monetize their music on platforms such as SoundCloud, Spotify, iTunes and many more. We also provide our users with transparent revenue reporting, as well as promotion opportunities.
As a culture, we believe that the world of streaming music is changing, and while anyone has the ability to build their own audience, they should also have the ability to make a living from that audience.
We are looking for a qualified Director of Product, Creator Growth who will build out the product led growth function, develop the vision and strategy for growing our Creator base across multiple offerings. In this role, you will work in tight partnership with our Product and Engineering team, Marketing, Operations, internal CRM teams as well as partners/vendors to ensure that our creators understand the why, what, and when as we roll out new products and features. You will be responsible for developing go-to-market plans, and building out strategies around the best way to educate our listeners about the best way to get value out of our products depending on their customer segment and needs. Needless to mention, you will partner very closely with the strategy team to define and redefine the market and adjacent markets that the SoundCloud Creator division should enter and win.
- Competitor analysis, market research, and other research initiatives to inform market positioning
- Defining product value propositions and positioning in the context of product strategy and market landscape – developing the understanding of ‘why’ we are building products and features
- Build out a growth model with analysts, understand key levers – organic vs. paid, develop hypotheses and tests on activating a new Creator to converting them into a paid Creator as well as retaining them long term
- Owning the go-to-market responsibilities for all initiatives
- Building strong and sustainable cross functional relationships across the Business, Product, Marketing, Strategy, Operations, Content and Finance teams as well as potentially managing external partners
- Inspiring and developing our overall customer strategy, compiling regular reports and presentations, driving go to market alignment, and knowing our customer segments inside and out
- Being able to independently run, ad-hoc projects to understand business implications of proposed product and marketing decisions
Who you are
- Passionate about the future of music
- Degree in Business, Marketing, or related field
- 5+ years in Product Led Growth (PLG), Product Management, Marketing, Business Strategy, or Consulting, ideally with Music experience
- Strong communication/presentation skills with a track record of presenting complex analysis to executives/senior management and peers
- Excellent business judgment; ability to handle complex situations with clarity and confidence and thorough data analysis
- Excellent ability to build relationships and networks with multiple functions, regions, and at all levels of the organization
- Adaptability and ambition to get things done despite an often-changing market and competitive situation
- We are a multinational company with offices in the US (New York and Los Angeles), Germany (Berlin), and the UK (London)
- We provide a flexible work culture that offers the opportunity to collaborate and connect in person at our offices as well as accommodating work from home
- We are deeply committed to ensuring diversity, equity and inclusion at all levels of our organization and fostering a community where everyone’s voice, perspective and experience is respected and heard
- We believe a strong team is made by investing in employees through mentorship, workshops and enrichment opportunities
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental, and vision plans, as well as mental health resources
- Robust 401k program
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Generous professional development allowance
- Interested in a gym membership, photography course or book? We have a Creativity and Wellness benefit!
- Flexible vacation and public holiday policy where you can take up to 35 days of PTO annually
- 16 paid weeks for all parents (birthing and non-birthing), regardless of gender, to welcome newborns, adopted and foster children
- Various snacks, goodies, and 2 free lunches weekly when at the office
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at SoundCloud
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity and open expression are fundamental to our organization. With this foundation, we aim to build a social platform and global community for everyone to create, discover, and share sounds. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry and strive to develop an inclusive culture where individual contributions are valued. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment for everyone, regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, migration background, national origin, age, disability status, or care-giver status.
At SoundCloud you can find your community or elevate your allyship by joining a Diversity Resource Group (groups focused on people of color, LGBTQIA+ folks, and women). You may also participate in inclusive workshops, contribute to our Cultural Moments series, select organizations for the SoundCloud Community Fund to support, and more!