What’s next in music is first on SoundCloud. The world’s first music entertainment platform powered by community seeks a Director of Product Marketing to help deliver our features, products and platform to a massive and diverse set of users.
Based in NYC or Los Angeles and reporting to our Global VP Product Marketing, you’ll help lead go-to-market for SoundCloud’s app, with an emphasis on the consumer product journey. Success comes in three core areas:
- Map product insights to the revenue funnel and drive business outcomes
- Define, effect and evolve key behaviors for target segments across usage occasions
- Manage feature launches and help users derive value from app differentiation
The best candidate loves digging into metrics and asks who and why before what and how. You know how to appeal to discerning and vocal audiences, as well as stand out in a crowd. You’ll work closely with the Product, Growth, and Revenue teams, as well as help build and manage the burgeoning Product Marketing function at SoundCloud.
Build intelligence. Deeply understand our users, customers and marketplace:
- Develop expertise in the SoundCloud app and ecosystem, our competitive set and our listeners and creators.
- Understand what defines user cohorts and what compels their behaviors.
- Develop positioning. In partnership with Product, ensure features and products are conceived and built with user benefits in mind and released to best serve key results.
- Tell that story. Reach and compel users to take action through clear, consistent narratives and relevant integrated programs.
- Measure it all. Define and apply KPIs and OKRs to ensure your team is driving awareness, adoption and long-term engagement towards a healthy ROI.
Skills & Experience:
- 8+ years of Product Marketing experience, with at least 4 years scaling consumer apps
- Proven, unchallengeable track record establishing go-to-market processes and orchestrating feature and product launches
- Analytical rigor, both proposing marketing objectives and measuring results
- Fluency in user, audience, and market segmentation based in behavioral analytics, market research, survey/sentiment, etc.
- Serious communication and storytelling chops: past writing and slide decks required
- Equal enthusiasm for and capability in research, strategy, execution and measurement
- Expertise in the entertainment/media landscape, especially the music industry
- Background in DSPs, marketplaces, social networks or community platforms
- Experience as a creator, whether professional or amateur
- Past work at a fast-paced, growth-stage company and comfort with self-direction
Diversity at SoundCloud
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity and open expression are fundamental to our organization; they help us build a social platform and global community where anyone can create, discover, and share sounds. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry, and strive to develop an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute.