SoundCloud – the leading music entertainment company that offers the only direct-to-consumer music streaming platform and next generation artist services in the industry today – is seeking a Director, Artist Services that will execute projects and campaigns across all facets including on and off platform.
We’re looking for a Director, Artist Services based in LA or NYC, with the responsibility to maximize the success of priority SoundCloud artist releases by creating and implementing marketing campaigns that best connect with fans. You will have intimate knowledge of music & the cultural landscape to understand how best to connect with audiences. You are a go-getter and always looking for ways to drive success, and have both creative sensibilities and organizational skill-sets to meet deadlines and execute.
The ideal candidate has Director level experience and will be a clear, confident communicator with deep music industry knowledge and experience working directly with the Creator community.
- Day-to-day product management of designated key artists’ releases. Be the main point of contact representing SoundCloud to the artist and management community through meetings, check-ins and updates on a regular basis.
- Conceptualize and execute artist marketing plans from inception to completion; help create and facilitate artist pitches and represent SoundCloud during artist meetings.
- Manage and oversee marketing campaign budgets for assigned artists in the hip-hop genre.
- Release scheduling and running point for asset creation, delivery and release management process.
- Working cross-functionally with Creator, Label Relations, Brand Revenue, Marketing, PR and other teams within
- SoundCloud to represent the voice of the priority artists.
- Develop relationships with marketing partners and external brands.
- At minimum 10+ years experience in artist management, label product management, artist relations, and/or artist marketing.
- Deep knowledge of current music, digital and industry trends in hip-hop, and are a passionate SoundCloud user.
- Experience in Product Managing campaigns in the hip-hop space.
- Digitally savvy, with a passion for new technology and an ability to think creatively about artist needs.
- Establish and nurture relationships with key representatives at DSPs in order to successfully secure playlist placements and other relevant new DSP opportunities for creators.
- You have strong business acumen skills and a track record of making competent business decisions through strategic thinking even when you do not have all the tools at your disposal.
- You are able to work under pressure in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment, across various time zones.
Diversity at SoundCloud
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity and open expression are fundamental to our organization; they help us build a social platform and global community where anyone can create, discover, and share sounds. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry, and strive to develop an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute.