What’s next in music happens on SoundCloud first. As the world’s largest open audio platform, SoundCloud is powered by a connected community of creators, listeners and curators who share, discover and influence what’s new, now and next in music and audio.
We are currently looking for an experienced professional to join our Content Partnerships team.
Based in New York, this role will be responsible for negotiating and managing licensing agreements with content owners (e.g. record labels, aggregators, music publishers and collecting societies). This role will also be charged with building successful and positive relationships with counterparts as the SoundCloud platform develops and evolves over time.
The ideal candidate will be a confident communicator with strong music industry knowledge, relationships and a great understanding of the licensing landscape.
- Research and evaluate licensing deal landscape across region and sectors
- Support and eventually lead deal negotiations with potential label and publisher partners; working hand-in-hand with legal team
- Working cross-functionally with content relations, finance and reporting teams to manage new and existing licensing deals
- Monitor and ensure execution of key deal elements over time
- Educate and obtain buy-in from content partners as to the future direction of the streaming music market, and SoundCloud’s role within it
- Develop positive, lasting relationships with digital business development teams within content partners
- Develop and analyze business models to support deal negotiation
- Evaluate business performance and ensure deals deliver desired results
- Contribute towards the strategy and priorities for the content partnerships group
- A track record of negotiating and managing content partnerships in the music industry
- Strong network of relationships within the music community
- Understanding of licensing policies of major and indie record labels, aggregators, collection societies and publishers
- Strong financial acumen with ability to grasp complex deal constructs
- Digitally savvy, with a passion for new technology and up to date knowledge of music industry trends
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously, within tight deadlines
- Ability to effectively communicate across departments and levels of seniority
- Proactive, confident, and personable self-starter
- 5+ years of experience in a related role
- BA/BS or other relevant degree required
Diversity at SoundCloud:
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity and open expression are fundamental to our organization; they help us build a social platform and global community where anyone can create, discover, and share sounds. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry, and strive to develop an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute